REAL LIFE PRODUCTS..

rainbow Fairymeadow

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 126 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all :)

I am curious..  I am a creator in RL as well.. jewelry and other things. I have always wondered if we are allowed to sell advertise businesses and RL products from SL. I feel like somewhere back in the day i was told or read something that said you are not allowed to do that.
If you know. Can you send me a link to some information or rules to read please.

You can't list Real world goods on the Marketplace.

Under disallowed listing practices...

Listings for Real-World Goods or Services. The SL Marketplace is only for digital content and services that are designed and intended for use with the Second Life virtual world technology. We expressly prohibit the listing or sale of any and all goods or services designed or intended to be delivered in the real world, for example, delivered in person or mailed or shipped to a physical address, or digital content designed or intended for use exclusively outside of Second Life.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

7 hours ago, rainbow Fairymeadow said:

I have always wondered if we are allowed to sell advertise businesses and RL products from SL.

Just a counterquestion : how are you going to manage my rl information when i buy something? Is your computer safe? because the link between avatar and rl details is a serious thing to deal with if you go that way.
It would mean for myself a big no no to get in business with such sellers.
If you can get those links, it's just a little step for google, meta and other harvesters to get it also. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

Just a counterquestion : how are you going to manage my rl information when i buy something?

Given occam's razor, I'd have to assume they'd just place a link to their online website storefront in SL, perhaps on an easily clickable prim. Without a 'to-complicated to be worth it' setup to infer some association, they wouldn't know if you came from SL, or just found the site through some other method. If you have your conspiracy hat on, you (the hypothetical potential buyer) could even just find the link in SL, wait 5~10 minutes then copy-paste it into your external web-browser of choice.

Edited by Quistess Alpha
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 126 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.