Gelese Giano

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 125 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, Second Life Fashion RL & SL Designers 

I'm Gelese Giano. I'm a Fashion student in Merchandising and fashion technology. 

I have over 25 years of in brick-and-mortar retail, management, and Perry Ellis brand ambassador.

Topic:  Real Life Virtual Fashion Mirror Second Life fashion? no right or wrong answer

Please try to keep the topic on RL and SL Virtual Fashion and Fashion College Course  

Gelese Giano   

I would love to share my story of how I got started in Second Life Fashion Community 2004

imageedit_1_6770983410.png

African Blue 2400x2400 Repeat Motif.jpg

Edited by Gelese Giano
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Gelese Giano said:

Topic: How do you use Secondlife Medium 3D Virtual Fashion and Business?

How does your real life in fashion mirror your Second Life? 

Please try to keep the topic on technology and Fashion Business to guide and support one another.

I am not sure what you are saying here.  Are  you asking us to answer those questions or are you telling us what your assignment is?  In the case of your asking us to answer those questions,  I think perhaps a personal message to you might be a better way to do it.  I for one am not sure I would like to answer in such a public forum.  But that might just be me; I have been in SL since 2005 and have learned a few things about trust in SL.

Tazzie Tuque 

Please understand this forum is not about your issues or any assignments! The topic is about current Real Life Fashion Majors and Second Life Designers in Fashion Field!

It is a broad topic! so I used 2 questions on any fashion topics. I'm not asking for any business secret strategies! When I refer to the Fashion business a College Major knows the one thousand textile, marketing, and publication, right down to software application... and your relateness in Secondlife!  For example, I just finished the Fashion Visual Merchanding College course  This 6 month course shows how to display products in the RL industry based on the Target Market. Nor am I asking to compare businesses or question any hidden agenda. I'm coming from the positive support of others especially my customers and All Second Life residents.  

All I ask is if you have any animus please message me privately or note message me in-world. The SL public forum isn't the space!

Always Gelese Giano ;) OXOX

• What kind of retailers are you visiting? i.e. department store, discount store, boutique, specialty store, etc. Departments Stores

• What do the store's logo and signage communicate about the brand? 

Identify operational signage and merchandise signage

Identify merchandising by color combo

Identify merchandising by product 

• Identify merchandising by trend 

• Who are the store's target customers

• Evaluate the windows (cleanliness, color balance, proportions, props, signage, overall looks, and styling) use terms from the book to describe 

• Evaluate the indoor displays. How are the outfits (looks) coordinated? i.e. trend, color, end-use, fabrication, pattern, etcWhat kind of retailers are you visiting? i.e. department store, discount store, boutique, specialty store, etc. Departments Stores

• What do the store's logo and signage communicate about the brand? 

• Identify operational signage and merchandise signage 

• Identify merchandising by color combo

• Identify merchandising by product

• Identify merchandising by trend

• Who are the store's target customers

• Evaluate the windows (cleanliness, color balance, proportions, props, signage, overall looks, and styling) use terms from the book to describe 

• Evaluate the indoor displays. How are the outfits (looks) coordinated? i.e. trend, color, end-use, fabrication, pattern, etc.

Snapshot _ House Of  Gelese Giano, Fishermans Cove (29, 105, 23.pngt40IzCurZhPeOo_Wwv-gp_nFmJ1_z0WPYHlkVshyl9iaL2pNeA008v3RoG34BgLOVl0gm17gvWXujAnZh2qPQsG-UYRust2oaP-jHwZWhgk5L0J11a7rGjGpcsSTWgIbCNw6q4rPre97VDRF9vOAkw=s2048

Edited by Gelese Giano

I think the main thing with any fashion in SL is to keep up to.date on which mesh bodies are most popular.  A business just starting out shouldn't overwhelm themselves with trying to rig for more than just the top 2 or 3.  If people see your designs and request another size, then take those into consideration.  I'd rather see a handful.of well done pieces than someone churning out one after another for every body under the sun and sacrificing quality.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 2

• Gelese Giano changed the title to Second Life and Real Life: Fashion Business & Fashion College
8 hours ago, Gelese Giano said:

Hello, Second Life Fashion RL & SL Designers 

I'm Gelese Giano. I'm a Fashion student in Merchandising and fashion technology. 

I have over 25 years of in brick-and-mortar retail, management, and Perry Ellis brand ambassador.

Topic:  Real Life Virtual Fashion Mirror Second Life fashion? no right or wrong answer

Please try to keep the topic on RL and SL Virtual Fashion and Fashion College Course  

Gelese Giano   

I would love to share my story of how I got started in Second Life Fashion Community 2004

please don't change textcolors, its nearly unreadable in dark mode ; this is how it looks for those users

Schermafbeelding2023-12-20085816.thumb.png.9e361ae12ab8e622755481a60cd04d5a.png

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

On 12/28/2023 at 4:00 AM, Gelese Giano said:

Thank You for your advise! Although i had not change the color of text :) This is how it look with out darkmode 

you did change the txt color, it's solid black, and that's not the standard type on this forums.
How it looks in light mode isn't the discussion.

Solid black doesn't change automaticly to readable white in black mode, the original greyish does.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 125 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.