Bento animations cause walk AO to freeze

Leo1452

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 148 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sorry if this is a common error I don't know how to search for. Every time a bento animation is played, the first time I start walking, it plays my walk AO just fine. The second time and thereafter, the walk AO freezes like I'm sliding across the floor. If I jump while walking, the moment I land, it's fixed. It's just every time I want to start walking from idling that the AO freezes. If I start with a double-tap to run, the run AO plays fine. These AOs had no problem before, so if anyone could tell me how I might fix this or what I might've done differently, it'd be much appreciated.

Edited by Leo1452

i have the same problem. I'm making bento wings and made a ZHAO hud that plays different bento animations for those wings. Everything works great, except walking. I have spent entire day now trying to figure out what's going on, and still am none the wiser...

At first i thought that it was a priority issue. So i loaded my AO with different priority walking animations, - it didn't make any difference. They all froze while wearing my bento hud. I am using the builtin Firestorm AO. Then i read somewhere that it might be a Firestorm issue, so i got myself a cheap AO and turned off Firestorm AO. The walking animation in this AO has a priority 4, and my bento animation has a priority 3, so when walking the walking animation does keep on working, but the bento animation doesn't work instead. 

When turning off all AOs, and just using native SL walk also freezes that walk!!

Then i thought that it might be a ZHAO specific issue, and went looking for another fullperm AO system. The first one i saw on MP was a totally different system, but the review on it said that it freezes their walking animation, too! Clearly, there is a problem somewhere, but where?

Then i tested both these wings and hud on an alt, who uses another non-builtin AO, and she had no problems at all. Everything kept on working as intended, nothing froze, the walking animation kept working and the bento animation too, while walking. So, i really have no clue what causes the issue.

Any ideas?

PS. could mesh body have something to do with it? I wear Meshbody Classic, my alt wears Maitreya LaraX.

Do you use an old school AO (LLStartAnimation) or a new one (LLSetAnimationOverride)? The later are less script heavy but somehow are prone to freezing. Try shoving all anims + settings into an old school ZHAO HUD and your freezes should be cured.

CLARIFICATION: speaking of main AO

PS: AFAIK FS AO is based on the LLSetAnimationOverride function

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

On 12/6/2023 at 5:07 AM, Leo1452 said:

Every time a bento animation is played, the first time I start walking, it plays my walk AO just fine. The second time and thereafter, the walk AO freezes like I'm sliding across the floor.

Basically, your AO is sh*te. The bit where the anim works, because it's the first time you walk, or after a jump or run is because of an anim-state change.

When evver your anim-state changes, from sit to stand, stand to walk, walk to jump, jump pack to walk, walk to run, run to walk, that is a change of anim state, and your viewer sends a notification to the server, which tells your viewer and everybody else's around you what anim to play for your avatar.

Rule of SL anims, highest priority anim wins, in the event of a tie, last anim played wins.

The old way of doing AO's was the script in the AO, reacted to the state change, and started the correct anim, and refreshed it regularly.

The "new improved" AO's instead tell the server to replace the default low priority duck walk with your walk anim, and so the server only  refreshes the anim when it gets the state change notification.

If the anims don't loop properly, and the script doesn't refresh periodically, your anims stop when they reach the end, until you get another state change.

Sh*te "new improved" AO script coupled with sh*te anims.

7 hours ago, Elvina Ewing said:

could mesh body have something to do with it?

No.

2 hours ago, Fionalein said:

Try shoving all anims + settings into an old school ZHAO HUD and your freezes should be cured.

This is the Way!

i guess you all missed that part...

16 hours ago, Elvina Ewing said:

I'm making bento wings and made a ZHAO hud ....

it was this:  https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/ZHAO-II-reboxed-SCRIPT-ONLY/845675

and it doesn't work on me, but does work on my alt.

so, i still don't understand,  - what is causing this?

The bento animation in question should have nothing to do with the rest of the body bones, it only animates the wings (supposedly). So priority shouldn't be an issue at all, since it's not animating the legs.

There is a JIRA about this, https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-41048 , and it is marked as Unresolved...

Edited by Elvina Ewing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 148 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.