Time for a makeover

Paul Hexem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 155 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, as a male, I fall into that common SL self-perpetuating loop; don't go shopping for stuff, so there's no stuff worth shopping for. Unfortunately my lady friend has decided she hates my face, as the kids used to say, and has suggested Evo X. I've already got a Jake body which is apparently fine.

Anyway, apparently I have a free head I picked up late last year, so I said I'd give it a try. Unfortunately, every skin I find looks like it's trying to say "No, I'm not a sheltered male model, I have a little scar on my eyebrow, see? I'm tough!"

Anybody got recommendations for male skins that'll fit on my combo and are a little less... Pretty, I guess?

• Like 1

Which head? I'll assume Quinn if you picked it up last year.

Give Stray Dog skins a try. Demo a lot, though, as they all look pretty different. There's also Not Found and perhaps something at Unholy that could work.

Edit: I'm usually pretty, but Unholy has some options if you'd prefer something a bit more rugged.

THEODORE

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Added infos
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

That sounds right, thanks.

Lol.

Also try messing around with some BOM layers on Stray Dog and Not Found. You can pick up demos for wrinkles and eye bags and frown lines and genetics and all kinds of things to make faces a lot less beauty commercial flawless.

Izzie's is the obvious suggestion for that, but other places sell similar things - uhhh, The Skinnery, Just Magnetized, Jack Spoon, MILA, This Is Wrong, etc.

• Like 1

Brabos has some skins that's not suuuper pretty. With the add-ons from Izzie's and salt'n pepper beard, I managed to get a look I'm happy with. Mature, but not so old that he looks ancient.

The skin under was on sale last weekend. I bought it after testing with layers.

mature_002.png

mature_003.png

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 155 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.