How to use lelutka standard hair bases with skins from sellers like ives and tres beau

hyacinthlilies

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Context: I started using both creators skins and other skins from other stores, but whenever I use my lelutka evo x avalon head they dissapear. This problem came up as soon as I switched to the legacy meshbody. Not sure what I need to do differently, with my maitreya I just click add and done. Please help :(

I find I have to re-order the layers quite a lot (Maitreya+Lelutka+any-bom layers).  The hairbase bom looks to be at the bottom of the list of layers (so under the skin bom) until I do 'Edit Outfit', and then immediately 'Edit Outfit Parts', using the Firestorm viewer.  It's as if that process 'stimulates' the re-layering to be correct.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Baiphen Quintessa said:

Not to sound like a dork, but, there's an order to apply the layers in? I just put stuff on as they appear in my inventory. It's not always a pretty picture and I guess I know why. (And my sisters avie is often worse with how she applies the layers.) Would you mind letting me know what the order is please?

in Linden Viewer, the steps:

1) right-click on avatar: Edit outfit parts \ Clothing tab

2) select a tatoo layer (skin, hairbase, makeup, etc)

3) On right side of selection is Send To Front and Send To Back arrow buttons. Use the buttons to move the layer Up (iSend To Front) or Down (Send To Back)

4) When done Save Changes button, or Save as... New Outfit

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Baiphen Quintessa said:

Not to sound like a dork, but, there's an order to apply the layers in? I just put stuff on as they appear in my inventory. It's not always a pretty picture and I guess I know why. (And my sisters avie is often worse with how she applies the layers.) Would you mind letting me know what the order is please?

Best advice with skins that are using 2 layers (body one + head one) is always start with the body layer, then the head layer as most, not all, head layers do come with a neck fade. After that it's the rest of the layers like hairbases, tatoos, make-up, even clothing layers.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Baiphen Quintessa said:

It basically layers from bottom to top with BoM, so you would go in order starting with the items that should be at the bottom [skin], and working your way up to what should be seen at the top layer [often makeup].

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Baiphen Quintessa said:

You can put things on in any order, you just adjust it as necessary :)

Of course the panel for adjusting the order is absolutely terrible (seriously the buttons are the most annoying thing) but it does work.

Edited by AmeliaJ08

Awesome! TBH I stopped wearing tattoo layers because I would get a very obvious neck line as soon as I started to apply them. I actually gave up my LAQ heads because of the neck line issue because I could never make those go away even though I wore the skin that went with the head. Now I'm LeLutka/Belleza with a Belleza skin and the neck line is not an issue. Now I can redo the order of things and wear some of the makeup I've spent too much money on.

You guys are amazing. Thank you!

(Has anyone else had an issue with the LAQ? I'm only ever told to wear the skin that goes with the head and to fix the neck width. Which I did and it did nothing. Oh, and "you can always wear a choker".)

4 minutes ago, Baiphen Quintessa said:

Awesome! TBH I stopped wearing tattoo layers because I would get a very obvious neck line as soon as I started to apply them. I actually gave up my LAQ heads because of the neck line issue because I could never make those go away even though I wore the skin that went with the head. Now I'm LeLutka/Belleza with a Belleza skin and the neck line is not an issue. Now I can redo the order of things and wear some of the makeup I've spent too much money on.

You guys are amazing. Thank you!

(Has anyone else had an issue with the LAQ? I'm only ever told to wear the skin that goes with the head and to fix the neck width. Which I did and it did nothing. Oh, and "you can always wear a choker".)

Neckline has also to do with potential materials, gloss on the body and/or head, and your environment setting. Mostly I switch off those material & gloss settings on the body & head. Make also sure that necksizes for the body & head are matching, especially with "older" bodies & heads.

5 minutes ago, Dorientje Woller said:

Neckline has also to do with potential materials, gloss on the body and/or head, and your environment setting. Mostly I switch off those material & gloss settings on the body & head. Make also sure that necksizes for the body & head are matching, especially with "older" bodies & heads.

I can do that. I was also told to get a neck applier that was supposed to "fix" the issue and all it did was give me a discolored lump where the neckline was. LOL...so I guess it did it's job by making the neckline go away. I never knew to look for gloss settings or anything else. Honestly I've only ever just hit 'add' on the body and head and 'wear' for the skin. I only open the HUD if I need to switch the makeup (since I wasn't using tattoo makeup out of fear) or to fix the feet for shoes. 

On 11/26/2023 at 8:50 PM, hyacinthlilies said:

Context: I started using both creators skins and other skins from other stores, but whenever I use my lelutka evo x avalon head they dissapear. This problem came up as soon as I switched to the legacy meshbody. Not sure what I need to do differently, with my maitreya I just click add and done. Please help :(

Is it a skin or a tattoo?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.