Could this ever be possible?

Your Batty

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am not sure exactly if I’m in the correct forum.

I have noticed many friends and myself included that we accidentally delete our entire builds on sims and get super disappointed by our mistake.

I wonder in the future if even possible for second life to incorporate a UNDO option timed for x amount of seconds to undo the deletion of builds? Especially if lots of prims.

1 hour ago, Your Batty said:

I am not sure exactly if I’m in the correct forum.

I have noticed many friends and myself included that we accidentally delete our entire builds on sims and get super disappointed by our mistake.

I wonder in the future if even possible for second life to incorporate a UNDO option timed for x amount of seconds to undo the deletion of builds? Especially if lots of prims.

I would love that option too. Not sure how feasible it is...

In the meantime, I hope you're making use of the Locked setting in the BUILD / EDIT window? 

(Not that that has always stopped me :D )

Object deletion is at two stages.  The first delete sends the item to your trash folder and restoring from there is relatively easy.  "Restore to Last position" does NOT work on deleted items if the items were purged from the trash folder.  It cannot.  Once it's gone, it's gone, end of.

If the items are still in your trash folder then they can be "returned to a default folder", whereupon the items can either be simply rezzed again or if you have the rezzing rights as Claireschen mentions, "restored to lasr position".

As I understand it once the trash is purged the item is then deleted from the inventory server and like a deleted file....which is all it is in fact....it is gone.

I use Genesis viewer ( a fork of Singularity viewer which I used previously ).

With both of these, I have occasionally experienced an object being completely deleted WITHOUT going into the trash. It does not appear in LOST And Found on relog or anywhere else. I've narrowed it down to sometimes accidentally clicking the object twice when I try to edit it - a misbehaving mouse or me being too impatient!

Not sure this is just a glitch in those viewers...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.