What Exactly is the Purpose of This?

BilliJo Aldrin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 204 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok, so I bought a 1024 on Zindra for about $6L per sqm (bottom left corner on the map) . All the other parcels on the sim range up to $12.5L per sqm.

But one totally useless L shaped strip in the northeast corner, about 200 sqm, is listed for sale for $83.3L per sqm.

No one in a million years will ever pay that. If the land owner just wants his name out there, then carve out a 16 sqm section and list it for a million L's. It all has the same effect.

I'm gonna im him and offer him the same as what I paid for my 1024, $6 L per sq m. He can even cut out a 16 sqm piece for himself.

But what a waste of his tier.

I don't understand some flippers. 😂

landprices.png

• Haha 1

Change of plans, i bought another 1024 for $7.3 L per sqm. That lets me double prim my original 1024. 700 prims will be more than enough to decorate my original purchase.

Sooner or later the land flipper will abandon his piece in the north east corner, and I’ll get it from LL for $1L per sqm. 

😂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Ok, so I bought a 1024 on Zindra for about $6L per sqm (bottom left corner on the map) . All the other parcels on the sim range up to $12.5L per sqm.

But one totally useless L shaped strip in the northeast corner, about 200 sqm, is listed for sale for $83.3L per sqm.

No one in a million years will ever pay that. If the land owner just wants his name out there, then carve out a 16 sqm section and list it for a million L's. It all has the same effect.

I'm gonna im him and offer him the same as what I paid for my 1024, $6 L per sq m. He can even cut out a 16 sqm piece for himself.

But what a waste of his tier.

I don't understand some flippers. 😂

landprices.png

The reason people overprice things like this, is out of "spite" and to get whatever they can for it.

Isn't that what you do with microparcels?

• Like 4

🤔 Maybe they just liked the name of the sim, I certainly do, and had plans for that plot, but then had a change of plans, too, and nothing better to do with their land allotment, for now, and will drop the price, or abandon the land sooner or later. Or they wanted to give other sim owners and land forum readers something to speculate over as a gift for the sometimes drab pre-Advent season. Maybe the grand plan is to make a kind of reverse advent calendar out of the plot, when you visit on December 1st, the price will be set to L$24, and LS1 less every day until December 24, and if still nobody buys, it'll be a Christmas gift on Christmas Day for L$0. Who knows. Isn't it kind of people to not always do what we expect, though.

• Like 1

Oh, this is about the little L-shaped parcel? That's obviously to drive microparcel buyers crazy. Tier well spent!

The interesting question is: WTF is that sky-writing scrawl in the northeast quadrant of the region?

Hmm… gonna need to investigate…

Well, the prims purport to be the "Tesseract Sky Logo". Viewed directly, the red part does look pretty much like an oblique "D" (for some reason) so I guess the black part is supposed to be a "T" but it actually looks more like a "J", and the way it hooks the "D" is every bit as inexplicable as it appears on the map.

Okay, maybe that wasn't so interesting either.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Oh, this is about the little L-shaped parcel? That's obviously to drive microparcel buyers crazy. Tier well spent!

The interesting question is: WTF is that sky-writing scrawl in the northeast quadrant of the region?

Hmm… gonna need to investigate…

Well, the prims purport to be the "Tesseract Sky Logo". Viewed directly, the red part does look pretty much like an oblique "D" (for some reason) so I guess the black part is supposed to be a "T" but it actually looks more like a "J", and the way it hooks the "D" is every bit as inexplicable as it appears on the map.

Okay, maybe that wasn't so interesting either.

I thought flippers set sky high prices just to get their name in as many sims as possible.  He can do that with 16sqm, he doesnt need to waste another 200 sqm he could spread out over a dozen other sims

4 hours ago, InnerCity Elf said:

🤔 Maybe they just liked the name of the sim, I certainly do, and had plans for that plot, but then had a change of plans, too, and nothing better to do with their land allotment, for now, and will drop the price, or abandon the land sooner or later. Or they wanted to give other sim owners and land forum readers something to speculate over as a gift for the sometimes drab pre-Advent season. Maybe the grand plan is to make a kind of reverse advent calendar out of the plot, when you visit on December 1st, the price will be set to L$24, and LS1 less every day until December 24, and if still nobody buys, it'll be a Christmas gift on Christmas Day for L$0. Who knows. Isn't it kind of people to not always do what we expect, though.

the L shaped plot is obviously what they had left over when they finished cutting out tier sized parcels. It would make sence to list it in the same price range as other parcels on the sim, then someone who bought land on the sim might be tempted to spend the same price per sqm to buy that and have a few extra prims. I know i would

No one will ever pay the price they are asking now.

15 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

No one will ever pay the price they are asking now.

But people MAY offer a higher than normal price, as you mentioned in the first post (IIRC). That's how RL real estate works too. You set the price high, and potential buyers "make an offer". Perhaps they have a "RL real estate mindset".

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 204 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.