Renting or Buying Land?

Ciarra Lexington

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 169 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Can someone tell me if there's a monthly price difference between renting a 20,000 prim region through Anshex, or buying one that I can name? (I know buying has a set up fee, I need to know what my exact monthly cost would be) I've been poking around the forums, but I haven't been able to find anything that directly answers this question. Thank you much for any help!

4 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Ciarra Lexington said:

Can someone tell me if there's a monthly price difference between renting a 20,000 prim region through Anshex, or buying one that I can name? (I know buying has a set up fee, I need to know what my exact monthly cost would be) I've been poking around the forums, but I haven't been able to find anything that directly answers this question. Thank you much for any help!

it's not so difficult to calculate
your own region
set up ( inlcudes first month maintenance fees location and name)
monthly maintenance fee every month after the initial month, LL takes it automaticly

renting
just rent  ( thats all)
but no real own region

you can calculate the exchange rate for L&, or the paypal payments per month for renting.

Main question that can change the choice to a easy one : are you subject to VAT or Sales taxes ?.. If so, 99% chance the rent is quite some dollars cheaper, as LL adds VAT/Sales Tax to the maintenance fees.( for Europens it's about 20% more expensive to buy if they don't have a rl business to be exempt of Taxes.)

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 169 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.