How do you fix your avatar's arms meshes so that it does not go through your clothes?

Ryzira Nyoki

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 176 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

30 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

If it's a rigged item (probably is) then you can't resize it.

Are you wearing the right gloves for your body? which body is it?

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Arabesca-BOM-Bento-mesh-avatar-Alice-BOX-MC/19554988
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/tapi-latex-gloves/5833981

Here's the link sources I thought it goes well with it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ryzira Nyoki said:

Hmm! okay this is going to get complicated so bear with me:

You see in the description for the gloves it says "- Rigged and fitted for standard avatar hands"? this means the standard SL avatar that you used to get when you first logged in. Not a custom avatar, just the one that everyone gets... (or got since they changed it to another avatar now called Senra but that isn't important). This was how it was back in the day before we had all these different avatars/bodies to use, stuff came in "standard" sizing like these gloves.

Your avatar/body is mostly compatible with clothes (and gloves and things like that) made for another body called Maitreya. Maitreya stuff doesn't come in different sizes, it just fits. However! the description for your body says this:

this avatar is compatible with most of the clothes designed for maitreya, as well as the fitted clothes based on the avatar standard for secondlife, you have included in the package a complete alphas system for your body mesh to help adjust the clothes on your avatar.

So there may be a way, I don't know for sure since I don't own either of these to test. What you might want to try doing is wearing different sizes of the gloves, you see how they come in XXS to L sizes? try different ones, maybe you will get a better fit. Also you will probably have to use the alpha system mentioned above, this is for hiding any part of your body that is visible through the gloves. Alpha just means making something invisible or transparent.

Maybe you can get a nice fit by using the alpha system and trying different sizes of the gloves :) good luck. A more reliable fit would probably come by getting gloves specifically made for the Maitreya body but your body is only compatible with "most" Maitreya clothes and may still require some use the alpha system.

Sorry if all of that is a confusing mess, I know it is... but the point is the gloves weren't made for the body you are wearing but you might be able to make them work.

Edited by AmeliaJ08

7 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

Hmm! okay this is going to get complicated so bear with me:

You see in the description for the gloves it says "- Rigged and fitted for standard avatar hands"? this means the standard SL avatar that you used to get when you first logged in. Not a custom avatar, just the one that everyone gets... (or got since they changed it to another avatar now called Senra but that isn't important). This was how it was back in the day before we had all these different bodies to choose from, stuff came in "standard" sizing like these gloves.

Your body is mostly compatible with clothes (and gloves and things like that) made for another body called Maitreya. Maitreya stuff doesn't come in different sizes, it just fits. However! the description for your body says this:

So there may be a way, I don't know for sure since I don't own either of these to test. What you might want to try doing is wearing different sizes of the gloves, you see how they come in XXS to L sizes? try different ones, maybe you will get a better fit. Also you will probably have to use the alpha system mentioned above, this is for hiding any part of your body that is visible through the gloves. Alpha just means making something invisible or transparent.

Maybe you can get a nice fit by using the alpha system and trying different sizes of the gloves :) good luck. A more reliable fit would probably come by getting gloves specifically made for the Maitreya body but your body is only compatible with "most" Maitreya clothes and may still require some use the alpha system.

Sorry if all of that is a confusing mess, I know it is... but the point is the gloves weren't made for the body you are wearing but you might be able to make them work.

nxymR59.png

There's seems to be another problem are there any creators that could fix this with the cost of lindens?

Just now, Ryzira Nyoki said:

Will there be other active creators that could updated it?

No. Once made and uploaded, that's it, even the original creator cant change it. The creator may choose to update the product with additional fits for different bodies, but then again, they may not. It's a lot of work to do that.

Are there any other desperate options?
What a shame; they don't make a script to fit clothes that you like so much well this is my experience.
If I try to use the alpha it's going to cut off my arm and leave an un-even gap going though my clothes hard to explain.
Short story; I tried it, would make it worse.
T0dAV6p.pngtLkwP8i.png

Edited by Ryzira Nyoki

14 minutes ago, Ryzira Nyoki said:

Are there any other desperate options?

What a shame; they don't make a script to fit clothes that you like so much well this is my experience

Well the alpha thing I was talking about would be something that came with your body, not the gloves. Look in the folder for your body, there might be something called an "alpha HUD" or similar - sorry I don't own this body to tell you what it is called exactly, just that the description for your body says it has one. This would let you hide parts of the body to maybe make it look better with these gloves on.

Sorry for the bad news though, it is important to look very closely when buying clothes and gloves etc that they are made for the body you are using.

edit: I just noticed you are wearing all the sizes at once! hehe, pick one size to wear at a time :)

Edited by AmeliaJ08

Looking at the marketplace links to the avatar you have and the gloves, I can see a couple of things. First, the body is a basic BOM body (like Ruth), and the gloves are made for the basic classic body. So they should work, kind of...

However, you're wearing all the sizes, large, medium, small, etc. Pick one and don't wear the others. Keep the alpha mask on (the thing with the symbol that looks like a white t-shirt)

Second, you will need to edit your shape. If the largest size is not large enough, reduce your torso muscles and bodyfat sliders. I think you also need to reduce your hand size to avoid the gaps between your gloves and the fingers - if that doesn't help, it's just a badly made alpha.     Ignore this. It will only work if you remove the Alice body. Which you really will need to do, if you want to wear these gloves.

Try swapping for the one marked "new" instead. The creator may have updated it.

The best solution is to just remove the Alice body altogether and wear the classic system body only, which is what those gloves are made for.

Edited by Lewis Luminos

2 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

Well the alpha thing I was talking about would be something that came with your body, not the gloves. Look in the folder for your body, there might be something called an "alpha HUD" or similar -

free/cheap BOM bodies which is what this one is, don't have alpha huds

Edited by Lewis Luminos
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lewis Luminos said:

free/cheap BOM bodies which is what this one is, don't have alpha huds

this avatar is compatible with most of the clothes designed for maitreya, as well as the fitted clothes based on the avatar standard for secondlife, you have included in the package a complete alphas system for your body mesh to help adjust the clothes on your avatar.

It's based on Ruth 2.0 isn't it? that has an alpha hud.

5 minutes ago, Lewis Luminos said:

I think there's one verion of Ruth 2 that has an alpha hud, though I forget who makes it. This one, according to it's listing, does not.

You're probably thinking of Sweet's Ruth 2.0 but the listing says it does? As far as I know the alpha HUD for Ruth 2 is part of the repository, I'm looking at the script etc right now on github.

you have included in the package a complete alphas system for your body mesh to help adjust the clothes on your avatar.

Edited by AmeliaJ08

In the OP it looks like you are wearing a blouse and gloves. Attempting to layer clothes made by different people is almost always a problem. Layered clothes have to be made to be layered. The result is all the items involved in a layered look have to have been made by the same designer with layering in mind during the design.

System clothes will seldom have a problem as they are essentially a decal stuck on the body, they have no thickness. Since your later image with an alpha on hides what I think is a sleeve I assume it is a system top. So, as others are pointing out, those gloves are not made for the body you are wearing.

There are DEFORMERS that can adapt mismatched bodies and clothes to fit. But, only a couple of body makers make deformers for THEIR bodies. So to keep things simple we say all worn things must be made for the body your avatar wears. The default System Body is a body. Lots of old clothes/items are made for the system or aka classic body.

• Thanks 1

On 11/9/2023 at 12:42 AM, Lewis Luminos said:

I took that to mean a package of alpha masks, as Slink used to do with theirs.

No I just saw they edited their post with a picture, it seems to have the Ruth 2.0 Alpha HUD from the repository... but the cuts are not in a place that helps them :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 176 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.