Private sim sound settings for DJ.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 230 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On my private sim, I am not able to allow visiting DJ's to input their streams.  I have ALL the pertinent boxes checked and they are in the correct group, but I ALWAYS have to enter their streams for them.  The sound section box, under any tab is always shaded and inaccessible to them to enter their own stream, no matter how many 'rights' they are given or how many boxes are checked to allow them.  I am wondering if this is an attribute of the private sim as opposed to the homestead sims???  Does anyone know?

The region type shouldn't matter and I don't think there are even any special parcel audio settings at the region level. What really controls this are permissions of the parcel-owning group which (on Firestorm) will look something like this:

image.thumb.png.bfd7bfa13f8d779a54f4b28ed008f170.png

Every viewer has multiple ways to open that Group Profile window. There you'll be looking at the Members & Roles tab, Abilities sub-tab, to see which residents have the ability to "Change music & media settings". If the name of the DJ doesn't appear there, they'll never be able to change stream themselves in the viewer.* To get their names to appear, they must be in a group "role" that's defined to include that ability.

If the DJ's name is on that list of members with the music setting ability, and they still can't set the parcel music stream, then I don't know what's wrong. (Well, when they're first added to a group role with proper permissions, I'd superstitiously have them activate a different group and back again, maybe TP to a different region and back, and maybe even logout and back in again—none of which should be needed, but groups have a long history of being stubborn.)

* They can however use a scripted device to do it, calling llSetParcelMusicURL, as long as that device is owned by the parcel owner. It would be up to the script, then, to determine who it should allow to operate it.

HI, QIE.  THANKS, AS I PREVIOUSLY STATED ALL THOSE APPROPRIATE BOXES HAD BEEN CHECKED AND MY SCREENS REFLECT WHAT YOU SHOW.  THAT DIDN'T HELP.

HI, BELINDA. YES, THAT HAD BEEN SUGGESTED PREVIOUSLY BUT I'VE DISCOVERED WITH OTHER PARCELS THAT HADN'T DEEDED THE LAND, THEIR DJ'S HAD THE ABILITY TO INPUT THEIR STREAMS. SO THAT WASN'T AN ISSUE.

THANKS TO BOTH OF YOU, BUT TO NO AVAIL.  I'M STILL OPTIMISTIC.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 230 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.