Texture help please

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 284 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, the other day I tried to change some shoes to a different colour option and they ended up like this:

Firestorm-Releasex64 6.6.8.68380 - Liaa Nova (gyazo.com)

Like clear tape with lilac soles. The other colours on the HUD changed fine and the next day it was back to normal

Then when going to a Linden home everything was pixellated almost, but soon went ok again

Tonight I used the HUD to change textures on a kitchen and get this:

(3) Firestorm-Releasex64 6.6.8.68380 - Liaa Nova (gyazo.com)

I've cleared texture cache by following Firestorm's instructions, restarted pc and am trying to find the whitelist on my antivirus in case it needs that, but this is recent

I also tried the SL viewer with the same issue

Could this be my graphics card dying?

Thanks

That sole looked like a specular map texture got applied. Them cupboard doors looked like the wrong texture got applied. As to why, I don't know. I hope it isn't your graphic card cos of the cost implications, but if clearing the texture cache did not work, who knows. 

9 hours ago, Liaa Nova said:

I also tried the SL viewer with the same issue

That's interesting. It's very unlikely the Linden viewer and Firestorm would be set up to use the same cache files, so if they both show the very same strangeness… I'd kinda wonder if other people see the same strangeness, and that somehow the objects really have the wrong textures applied in-world as @rasterscan suggests. Has anybody else looked at the objects?

Edited by Qie Niangao

You'd need to confirm if it is just you seeing these effects or other people.

You can stress test your graphics card (say for 30mins+) using something like Furmark or any other benchmarking software, it'll also tell you useful things like temperature, GPU/VRAM speed etc. An overheating GPU should just throttle slower to avoid crashing or causing visual artifacts like these but it's still possible, failing VRAM can also cause issues so worth hitting it with a bunch of intense benchmarks to see if there's a hardware problem if you're leaning in that direction.

I'd also make sure all graphics drivers are up to date and probably try a fresh clean install of them before considering hardware though.

• Like 1

Thanks all, the next time it happens I'll get someone to come and see if they see it also; there wasn't anyone around last night.

It says the drivers are up to date but I'll see if I can work out reinstalling them and I'll do the stress test

Thanks!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 284 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.