How can I save local chat log in monthly blocks

Louise Fyrewik

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 283 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In the past someone told be they used a setting in their viewer that would save their local chat logs, in files of a certain timespan, say a new file each month.

Since my local chatlog has become a beast of almost 80 MB, it takes a full 5 minutes to open my log. I would like to start saving the logs in mote bitesize peices as well, but for the life of my, I can't find that setting. 

Is there such a setting or would it have been a work of manual labour?

Pretty sure it's the privacy>logs&transcripts>add date stamp to transcript filenames. It should separate IM logs by month and local chat logs by day. That's on Firestorm, no idea about other viewers.

That said if it takes 5 minutes to open a 80mb text file, then you might consider moving them to SSD if you can. If it's already on an SSD, then check its "health". My local chatlog is almost 100mb in size and it opens within ~1 second.

10 hours ago, steeljane42 said:

That said if it takes 5 minutes to open a 80mb text file, then you might consider moving them to SSD if you can. If it's already on an SSD, then check its "health". My local chatlog is almost 100mb in size and it opens within ~1 second.

It must be slow because it's synced to a cloud service as well. That way wherever I log in to SL, I can access my logs.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 283 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.