My Animation Overrides no longer work.

Caelia Fairywren

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4782 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

None of my AOs are working, and I am finding it VERY difficult to even walk in SL.  I have never had this problem before. I have tried multiple viewers, and I have been a resident for years in SL. Suddenly, I am unable to move or use any of my AOs even though they are worn and appropriately attached. Ideas?

3 answers to this question

The best AO these days is one which is built in to the viewer. They are very easy to setup. If you have the Phoenix viewer on your computer, try that one. It can be found under Phoenix on your top bar. All you need is the notecard you used to setup your normal AO and the individual animations all in one folder. Drag and drop the card into the slot on the AO and press 'reload'.

I am not sure I have an answer for this odd problem, but here are some thoughts.

The simplest answer would be that you are trying to use an AO on a land where scripts are not enabled, or if enabled for a group, then you don't have your group tag on.

Integrated AOs that you use within the viewer environment (I use Imprudence) will work even in areas where scripts are turned off to the public; regular AOs will not.

If that isn't the problem, then check to make sure that the animations WITHIN the AOs will work on their own. There might be a clue there. I am guessing it is the former issue though. It has been so long since I used a regular AO I had to go do a test to make sure I was correct about the scripts not working :D.. Good luck.

I suspect that there's mothing wrong with the AO's themselves.  I think that the AOs and the difficulty moving are telling you that there's a connection problem or that you have another program interfering with SL on your computer.  The same thing happens to me from time to time when Microsoft or my antivirus program decides that it's time to download a massive upgrade.  The download eats up a lot of bandwidth, so my frame rate in SL drops like a stone.  At the same time my hard drive is saving a pile of new information and slowing my viewer's access to files in the SL folder.  It all clears up for me when the download stops.  My guess is that something like that is messing up your SL experience.  It's probably not a single download, but you could have another program that is trying to stream information on the Internet (tracking the stock market maybe?  Streaming your web cam?).  If you are on wireless, you could have local interference with your bandwidth.

Things to consider:

1.  Switch to a direct cable connection.

2. Check for other programs running on your computer.

3. Turn off streaming audio/video to see if it helps.

4.  If other people are also using your router, see if your problem improves when they are off line.

5.  Try rebooting your router and modem (unplug them for a couple of minutes), so they can get a clean IP address.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4782 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.