The New WelcomeHub Areas

Rufferta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 290 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

17 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

That's why people always seem confused about renting on Private estates.  The mechanism is the same for renting as it is for the purchase of mainland although they are different.  On private estates, it should really say Rent this land for $1 and not Buy.

My name was also on mail with the address of the place.I was renting in RL.  My name was on the utilities as well. I can play my own music and plant flowers.  Same as the about land tab on Private estates.  It's more a lease agreement than a deed.

That's my only point.  LL has it set up so it causes confusion for new people IMO.

you are forgetting that you can also rent mainland which in my opinion is way inferior to buying on an estate.

if your name is listed in the about land as owner, you are the owner, you might not be the owner tomorrow, or in 10 minutes, but you have all the rights of ownership as “real owners” do on mainland.

8 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

but you have all the rights of ownership as “real owners” do on mainland.

That all depends on the estate covenant, too.   Mainland (mostly) has no covenant.  A private region owner can restrict terraforming or sub.dividing.  The may only permit homes within a certain theme or no skyboxes.  Breaking any of those rules may leave you homeless and out any Ls you paid in advance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

That all depends on the estate covenant, too.   Mainland (mostly) has no covenant.  A private region owner can restrict terraforming or sub.dividing.  The may only permit homes within a certain theme or no skyboxes.  Breaking any of those rules may leave you homeless and out any Ls you paid in advance.

thats why you read the rules first and only ever pay one week at a time. 

Too many rules and I’m totally not interested. that’s why i live on mainland and not that endless boring suburban tract known as bellisaria 😆

Not a fan of Belli for myself, either but I do like Horizons which, IMO, is similar but without the strict rules.  No terraforming as you just mentioned and all.parcels are a set size.  I find it's the perfect balance between mainland, Belli and Private.

• Like 2

On 7/11/2023 at 11:54 AM, Rowan Amore said:

Not a fan of Belli for myself, either but I do like Horizons which, IMO, is similar but without the strict rules.  No terraforming as you just mentioned and all.parcels are a set size.  I find it's the perfect balance between mainland, Belli and Private.

yes Horizons is nice and has double LI allowance as well... but it is outrageously expensive.... last I looked, I saw lots of places advertised over 300,000L for a 1048 lot.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 290 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.