Furniture (object) position presets

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 377 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This topic may have been covered elsewhere but I have not found it.  Thanks ahead of time for any references or suggestions.

Is there a quick way to save all the position settings of a set of furnishings and decor?  Much like avatar outfits where I can switch outfits at the touch of the "wear" button, is there a way to arrange a set of furniture quickly?

Example 1: I have a living room set with fireplace but on occasion might want to put in a rug with pillows (esp for Valentine's Day).  Can I for example, remove/delete the living room furniture set, put in the throw rug and pillows, then later put back the living room set quickly much like I would do with an avatar outfit at the touch of a button?

Example 2: I have patio furniture but on occasion, put in a barbecue set with benches then later put back all my patio furniture and arrange them back quickly without having to note down all the X-Y-Z positions of each individual piece and re-align each individual one painstakingly?

Some more experienced folks probably may have done this before.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, smoothazndude said:

This topic may have been covered elsewhere but I have not found it.  Thanks ahead of time for any references or suggestions.

Is there a quick way to save all the position settings of a set of furnishings and decor?  Much like avatar outfits where I can switch outfits at the touch of the "wear" button, is there a way to arrange a set of furniture quickly?

Example 1: I have a living room set with fireplace but on occasion might want to put in a rug with pillows (esp for Valentine's Day).  Can I for example, remove/delete the living room furniture set, put in the throw rug and pillows, then later put back the living room set quickly much like I would do with an avatar outfit at the touch of a button?

Example 2: I have patio furniture but on occasion, put in a barbecue set with benches then later put back all my patio furniture and arrange them back quickly without having to note down all the X-Y-Z positions of each individual piece and re-align each individual one painstakingly?

Some more experienced folks probably may have done this before.  Thanks!

You can set up a rez box for the furniture being sure to follow the instructions and make note of the coordinates.  I'm sure there are quite a few on the MP with detailed instructions.

A very simple way to preserve multiple objects' relative positioning is to select all of them (hold shift+click with build tool open, or drag a frame around them with build tool) and then just pick them up. They become a "coalesced object" asset in your inventory: coalesced objects can't be attached but when rezzed they contain all the individual objects just the way you picked them up. This won't of course help you getting them in the exact original position, but moving a bundle that's already relatively correct to each other is a bit easier.

• Like 2

"Rez box" will bring up some results but I think "rezzer" likely to be a more targeted search for what you want.

A rezzer works by adding a script to the set of furniture you want to control and using a controller to rezz the objects with the script in at the location you set.

They come in different varieties, some work to control, individual items, with others you can store groups of objects in a scene. Some have a limited range others work across a full region. A more complex one might even have built in teleportation facility so you can rezz your scene 2000m up and click a teleporter beam to travel there and back. Ones with scenes are likely to require some notecard editing to set them up.

Read the marketplace descriptions carefully to check it will meet your needs without being too complicated.

Note because they work by adding a script the objects you use do have to be both copy and mod.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frionil Fang said:

A very simple way to preserve multiple objects' relative positioning is to select all of them (hold shift+click with build tool open, or drag a frame around them with build tool) and then just pick them up. They become a "coalesced object" asset in your inventory: coalesced objects can't be attached but when rezzed they contain all the individual objects just the way you picked them up. This won't of course help you getting them in the exact original position, but moving a bundle that's already relatively correct to each other is a bit easier.

You can make replacing the coalesced objects easier by placing a marker prim at a central position first - ideally at rounded number coordinates and at zero rotation, name this prim with these coordinates.

Select that marker prim last before you take the objects back.

You will be able to easily identify the objects  in inventory and know where to place them.

If you also use grid alignment it becomes very easy to place the objects back in their original positions.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 377 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.