I have a klaxon/alarm sound going off when I log in, with any viewer.

Desiderata Lisle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4692 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

It's apparently linked to my avatar. I tp'd to Sweetheart's and they ejected me, some kind of beacon went to my chest or spine. I went back to my house and detached EVERYTHING, then logged in with the LL1.23 viewer (was using Phoenix, and have not been able to hear ambient noise for the last wk w/that viewer, but can w/the LL1.23 viewer). After logging in with the LL1.23 viewer, I heard the alarm noise. Can't get rid of it.

3 answers to this question

That has to be annoying.  I can't explain why the sound should be there with the 1.23 viewer but not with Phoenix.  If that's the case, though, one obvious solution is to use Phoenix. 

I know you said that you have detached everything, but please double check by opening the WORN tab in your inventory.  An attachment may be transparent or very tiny or embedded inside your av where it wouldn't be easy to see.  It's hard to explain why the sound should travel with you if it isn't an attachment.  A scripted follower, for example, would stay behind if you teleported away.

From the description, you have the Phoenix  LSL Bridge object still attached to your avatar (it attaches to the chest area).  Even if you are not in Phoenix, the object will stay attached until you detach it.  We had numerous cases reported here of sounds and floating text associated with the LSL Bridge.

Remove it and you should be fine.  If you decide to run Phoenix again, turn off the LSL Bridge in the Phoenix menu or it will reattach itself.  Also find every copy of it you have in your inventory and throw them away.

--Cinn

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4692 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.