Changing Slurl on product pages

Jimpsky Rhode

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4662 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is there a way to quickly apply a new store location Slurl to all your product pages? I couldn't find one.

Every time I move location inworld I have to edit zillions of listings one at a time, the same edit for each item.

The kind of thing computers should do for us O_O

This was an idea promoted early during the development stage of Marketplace. A (now defunct) 3rd party site used this method by connecting the SLurls to the Merchant's Profile then allowing a Meta Tag in the listing that specified which of the SLurls should be used for each listing.

However the Dev Team tossed out this suggestion as ... shoot .. can't remember the exact reason. It was either "not useful" or "no time to implement." At any rate, the answer is no, you cannot do this. You must edit each listing separately.

Ah that's a shame they canned it Dar thnks..

never mind I'm in the mood to bog down in something apocaliplically repetitive and life wasting.

I wonder why they didn't consider the ability to simply check a bunch of products and assign them to a choice on 'My Slurls' list O_O

or something easy like that

• Moderators

Jimpsky Rhode wrote:

Is there a way to quickly apply a new store location Slurl to all your product pages? I couldn't find one.

Every time I move location inworld I have to edit zillions of listings one at a time, the same edit for each item.

Greetings!

When the Second Life Marketplace was set up, each user now has the ability to create a store profile.  The store profile contains a link directly to your store location in world.

If at any time you need to update the SLurl, you can do so through your Store Profile and the new link will be shown as part of your store profile information.

The individual SLurl options on a product listing really should only be used if you are trying to direct a potential buyer to the exact location of the product in your in world store, not just to your store itself, or if it is located in a different region than your in world store.

As an example, say you have a Full Region with 4 different themed areas where you sell products.  You can use the Store Profile SLurl to direct users to your main landing point at the region, then use the individual SLurls on each listing to direct the user directly to the actual product location so that they can see it rezzed in world.

It is not recommended to use the individual product listing SLurl field to provide a landing point to your main store since that can be done through your Store Profile page.

If your store location changes, you will need to update all individual listings if you have used that field instead of just being able to update your Store Proflie information.

Regards,

Dakota Linden
--
Linden Lab
SL Marketplace Customer Support
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/
http://www.secondlife.com

Dakota:

I have two stores in-world. One specializes in a specific product line, the other has the rest of my product lines (including some not sold on Marketplace).

We've asked for multiple storefronts .. which would help this problem

We asked for Macro SLurls .. which would help this problem.

I'm not snapping at you, I'm just pointing out that the continual "work-arounds" are annoying. Instead of giving us semi-functional work-arounds, how about we get actual work-straight-aways?

Sorry to say it, but people won't bother to go to Store Profile for a Slurl, a link to the profile is not in each item either ;-) If you don't add it to your item, people won't waste time searching.

Anyway, you can go to your inventory, check boxes for items you want to change Slurl, go to bottom and select Edit in "modify selected items". There you could check only SLurl box and write the new one ;-)

• Moderators

Hello Darrius and Catwise,

We do feel your pain, and the reason why I provided a work around is because there isn't a solution to the issue yet, but improving parts of SLM in ways that you both have outlined would be a large step up in the usability of the Marketplace for sellers.

Darrius, you mentioned that this has been a sore point for a while. Do you have a Jira Ticket number handy for this issue?

I cannot guarantee that there will be a solution quickly, but I can check to ensure that the jira is on the backlog of things that need to be addressed so that a solution can be provided on a future update.

Regards,

Dakota Linden
--
Linden Lab
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/
http://www.secondlife.com

Thnks dakota

It's better to have the inworld store location on the product page…..Do we all feel the same about this?

It's easier for the customer.

The customer doesn't need to acquire the knowledge that the store location MIGHT be on another page and how to get to it. etc.

Hopefully the final solution will be something like checking a bunch of things and coupling them to any number of slurls .

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-3000 - Master SLURL

Closed as a duplicate however it is not, it is a request for a Master SLurl that can be applied to all Listings.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-3589 - Suggested Rearrangement of SLurl

Unassigned

These are the only two I find, however I do remember posting in the forums multiple times about this feature. (Actually I'm rather frustrated at myself at this point because I was *sure* I made a JIRA for it, but danged if I can find it now.) I will create a new JIRA and post here with the link.

You can change SLurl from items you want at the same time. Go to your inventory in marketplace website, check boxes for items you want to change Slurl, go to bottom of that page and select Edit in "modify selected items". There you could make active only SLurl box and write the new one. Save it and you will have the new SLurl in those items ;-)

I have some items in a sim and some in other, so even when I change location I can change SLurl fast with this.

Dakota Linden wrote:

Jimpsky Rhode wrote:

Greetings!

When the Second Life Marketplace was set up, each user now has the ability to create a store profile.  The store profile contains a link directly to your store location in world.

If at any time you need to update the SLurl, you can do so through your Store Profile and the new link will be shown as part of your store profile information.

The individual SLurl options on a product listing really should only be used if you are trying to direct a potential buyer to the exact location of the product in your in world store, not just to your store itself, or if it is located in a different region than your in world store.

As an example, say you have a Full Region with 4 different themed areas where you sell products.  You can use the Store Profile SLurl to direct users to your main landing point at the region, then use the individual SLurls on each listing to direct the user directly to the actual product location so that they can see it rezzed in world.

It is not recommended to use the individual product listing SLurl field to provide a landing point to your main store since that can be done through your Store Profile page.

If your store location changes, you will need to update all individual listings if you have used that field instead of just being able to update your Store Proflie information.

Regards,

Dakota Linden

--

Linden Lab

I edited them "one at a time" Dak, your reply was surely a bum steer!

Catwise Yoshikawa wrote:

Sorry to say it, but people won't bother to go to Store Profile for a Slurl, a link to the profile is not in each item either ;-) If you don't add it to your item, people won't waste time searching.

Ditto Catwise.  They barely read the information on the product page, much less go to my information page.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4662 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.