Deleting and Folders

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 531 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

One of my accounts I have a ton of landmarks.  So, I spent some time recently deleting some one-by-one, then wondered if there was an easier way.

My question is regarding folders with a specific name, such as our Landmark Folder and when we click on a landmark a landmark goes in there.

Is there a way to empty the whole folder?  Or, can we delete the whole Folder and create another Landmark Folder and landmarks will go into that new folder specifically?

If we have to do it one-by-one, is there anyway to make it easier by allowing a whole folder to be deleted for example and re-creating a new folder?

Edited by EliseAnne85

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

Highlight the first landmark in the folder, hold down the shift key then highlight the last landmark.  they should all then be highlighted.  Right click, delete.

You know I couldn't find that info regarding deleting whole folders anywhere.  Thank you.  

Or, to put it in general terms,

Selecting inventory items works like selecting folders and items on your PC. Copy and Paste and Cut shortcuts (CTRL+C and CTRL+V and CTRL+X) also work like they do in other apps.

Those clever developers at LL didn't create EVERYTHING from scratch.

If I want to find all of the doubles or more, like what would be in a store brand or something like that where I know I have a crap load of the same ones..

I just right click a Landmark and go to properties and copy and paste the name of it into the inventory search..Then hold the ctrl key down and highlight each Landmark and delete all but one of them.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Highlight the first landmark in the folder, hold down the shift key then highlight the last landmark.  they should all then be highlighted.  Right click, delete.

I did it this way.  It works.  Thanks again!  YAY, too!

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Or, to put it in general terms,

Selecting inventory items works like selecting folders and items on your PC. Copy and Paste and Cut shortcuts (CTRL+C and CTRL+V and CTRL+X) also work like they do in other apps.

Those clever developers at LL didn't create EVERYTHING from scratch.

I don't need to copy and paste anything.  And, I tried control + x and it made the landmark look light in color, like faded out but it was still there.

I found the word for these folders, it's SYSTEM FOLDERS.  So, what would control + x do when you want to delete or empty the whole SYSTEM folder?  It seemed like I'd still have to delete them one-by-one.

Edited by EliseAnne85

No, you DON'T want to delete system folders! You can, however, delete everything in one, by highlighting the items and then hitting Delete, either the Delete key on your keyboard, or the Delete command in the context menu. ("Context menu" = the menu that pops up when you right click on something).

CTRL+X is the shortcut for "Cut". In your inventory, it expects a follow on command of Paste, in some new location. The item you Cut becomes grayed out. When you navigate to the new location and hit CTRL+V or the Paste command from the menu, it appears in this new location and disappears from the old one.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 531 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.