Experience Key weirdness

ItHadToComeToThis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 457 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Anyone ever had an issue with an experience key randomly loosing data?

Im working on a hud for someone that has been working fine for weeks and suddenly in the last 24 hours, even though no code changes have been made to the experience / data server code. The experience now creates a character, saves the data and then loads and runs fine for a few hours before that data vanishes and the next time you attach the hud, it creates a new character. Iv been over the code in the data server event and nothing has been changed.

Could this be an issue with the sim or server where this data is stored?

20 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

What triggers "new character creation" in the script?

Does it do that if no data exists in the experience? Is that checked every time the HUD is worn, even in non-experience enabled land?

Do a query check using a header, so as an example......

(string)llGetOwner()+"statSet1"

The actually code I use is

key expQuery=llReadKeyValue((string)llGetOwner()+queryHeader);

I am aware of instances in which a script has unexpectedly lost its Experience -- that is, the Experience box has somehow unchecked itself.  I am also aware of instances in which a region has lost an Experience and had to be restarted to connect it again.  These things do happen. Check to be sure that your script's Experience box is still active and, if necessary, restart your region.  Those might help. 

• Thanks 1

Okay, resurrecting this for a second as I have an update.

The product in question is attached using temp attach via an experience when someone enters the sim.

The issue i described does not happen if you use the standard llAttachToAvatar.

But if you use temp attach, it does.

I can't use normal attach really as the person who I am making this for wants the product to temp attach.

Here is what I found so far...

When using temp attach, the product registers the user data via a key pair value.

Then the user data remains persistent for around 2-3 hours. But, once the user goes offline and around 2 hours have passed, the user can come back online and find that their experience key data has been entirely wiped.

But, if you use llAttachToAvatar instead of temp, the data persists in the key pair value database, regardless of how long the user is offline.

This is weird.

Could it be a conflict with llAttachToAvatarTemp? Causing the key pair value to be temporary also? Probably not but, I am at a loss on where to go or what to do.

I can say with near 100% certainty that its when temp attach is used as all testing using normal attach doesn't replicate this issue.

Edited by ItHadToComeToThis
  • Thanks 1

Have you tried making a 'minimum broken example' to see if that's really the issue? I have a hard time imagining how this could be an issue, but, I haven't tried setting experience keys from temp attachments, and I have no knowledge of the experience database implementation.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 457 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.