You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 399 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I've been on SL since 2009, and I know my way around a computer. I have looked all over for information on how to fix this, because it was not a problem before. 

I have the latest updated viewer, I have checked my sound settings in and out of SL, I have done advanced settings.

But when I am at certain clubs, some DJs, I can hear their streams, and others I can't. 

I have tried everything I can think of. Any help would be appreciated.

First of all, Moon, which viewer do you use?  If Firestorm it maybe that some of the streams are blocked in your media filter if you use it (look in Prefs>Sound and Media>Sounds> Manage Media Sites).

However unlikely it may sound, some antivirus setups regard certain urls as being malicious and block them.  I have no idea how to correct that short of talking with your AV vendors helpline.  That list is frequently updated so what was allowed last week might be blocked this week!

There are other causes but I'll leave the explanation of those to folk who are far more expert than I.

Edited by Aishagain
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Ian Mercury said:

I don't have a solution but maybe a helpfull tip

Did you try to listen to the stream with external player ?
Ask the DJ or the clubowner for the music url and open it with your mediaplayer.

So, I tried this, and got the link. No matter what I do, even when letting my firewall down, it will not play. Not sure what's up with my computer. But this lets me know it's not just my SL viewer or the stream freaking out. 

Thank you!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Moon Sabretooth said:

So, I tried this, and got the link. No matter what I do, even when letting my firewall down, it will not play. Not sure what's up with my computer. But this lets me know it's not just my SL viewer or the stream freaking out. 

Thank you!

hmmm...maybe a silly question but do you have sound at all ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 399 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.