Port triggering?

Hojo Warf

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 405 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello this is a followup to my question about sudden random disconnections.

Someone suggested to me on another forum that I try port triggering in my router to open a more stable connection to SL

To do this I need to know what port number to use as the trigger. I can't find official LL information on this so I am hoping someone here will know.

Edited by Hojo Warf

7 answers to this question

Thanks for the reply but I am not on a closed network and there are no blocks to SL in my router firewall or either computer involved. 

I am working on port triggering after exhausting multiple other options. I have to suspect that my router is doing something like timing out the udp packets coming from SL and doing it at a level where I can't see it configured in the router interface. I am hoping that port triggering will explicitly keep those ports open and stop the disconnects.

With that being said I just need one reliable outbound port number to trigger on and use that to trigger as many inbound ports as needed to keep SL running. I already have a nice list of ports I want to keep open. I just need to know the best trigger port.

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Didn't you say in your other post, that it worked fine with your old router? (Sorry if I am confusing things.)

Yes. The old router never randomly disconnected SL. It just randomly lost connection to DNS and needed to be rebooted constantly.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hojo Warf said:

Didn't you say in your other post, that it worked fine with your old router? (Sorry if I am confusing things.)

Yes. The old router never randomly disconnected SL. It just randomly lost connection to DNS and needed to be rebooted constantly.

Then, I hate to be obvious but - it's probably your new router.

• Like 1

Then, I hate to be obvious but - it's probably your new router.

I believe it is absolutely my new router. Question is is it working as intended and there is some new protocol that Netgear put in that decides that certain connections are stale and just cuts them off or is there a hardware fault?

So back to my original question; Does anyone know of a reliable outbound port number that I can use for port triggering in the router to force the router to keep SL connections open?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 405 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.