Fortnite adds in-world editing using Unreal Editor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 402 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

How far we've come. (And by we, I mean Fortnite.)

Over 7 years ago, during closed alpha, I remember when the devs were working on a community building mode where players could claim a little square building area (next to other players) that could be shared with a code. These were just static buildings made of preset pieces available at the time. That mode didn't really materialize until about 3-4 years later, and then here they are.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 1

They don't even need to add any new tools to make huge improvements. They need to update interfaces to allow dragging and dropping to move, resize, etc instead of moving sliders and stuff. They need to make it happen for av editing too. Building tools and AV creator need to be more like this

It's still just moving sliders and values around but moving your mouse around and grabbing the body parts to move them is a lot more fun than digging through sliders. Same should apply to building. Should be a lot more fun to move drag and scale and draw than it would be deal with the floater. I feel like there's a lot they could do with the building and av interfaces in general to make it all a way better experience.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 402 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.