New! LL posts FAQ and Instructions for New Tool to Deny Access to Bots at the Estate Level

Scylla Rhiadra

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 401 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This has just been posted by LL: it includes instructions on how to use the Region Debug Console to deny access to your estate to scripted agents (i.e., bots).

This is only available at the Estate level. There has been no announcement that a similar tool will be made available to Mainland landowners, or at the individual parcel level.

h/t Gogolita (@gogolita on Twitter).

https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000169561-scripted-agent-estate-access-faq

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

There has been no announcement that a similar tool will be made available to Mainland landowners, or at the individual parcel level.

Reading between the lines, it seems the feature is a bit buggy at the moment. We can only hope they're only doing it at the estate level only now to limit the amount of direct support work and fix the bugs before 'everyone else' gets access.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Quistess Alpha said:

Reading between the lines, it seems the feature is a bit buggy at the moment. We can only hope they're only doing it at the estate level only now to limit the amount of direct support work and fix the bugs before 'everyone else' gets access.

This definitely looks like a rush job. I'm going to put a positive spin on that, and argue that that at least shows that the recognize the importance of this issue.

I do very much hope that this is extended, though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Extended to "non-estates"?

Ideally, to parcels. That won't prevent data from being scraped (as that can be done from anywhere on a region), but it will enable individuals to stop bots from suddenly popping up on their beds or dinner tables.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Ideally, to parcels. That won't prevent data from being scraped (as that can be done from anywhere on a region), but it will enable individuals to stop bots from suddenly popping up on their beds or dinner tables.

That will be ideal. I predict maybe 3-4 months, if they are even planning it for parcels.  Since they didn't tell us one way or another, "all bets are off". 😞 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 401 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.