Listing a rental house on MP

NanR

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 393 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello

I listed 4 rental houses on MP but they were removed and blocked and I don't know why.

Below are the listings with the LM.

[Moderator Edit: Landmarks removed]

Edited by Dakota Linden
[Moderator Edit: Landmarks removed]

6 answers to this question

It may be that you didn't put it in the right category. Did you list it in Real Estate\Private Islands\Parcel Sales\(either Full Regions or Homestead Regions)\Developed Land?

It may also be that it was deleted because the region has an Adult maturity rating. Adult parcels can be advertised, but maybe they want you to say so in the ad.

Besides the Marketplace, you can also make a post advertising your property in the Land Forums here: https://community.secondlife.com/forums/forum/293-private-island/

Edited by Lindal Kidd

3 hours ago, NanR said:

Hello

I listed 4 rental houses on MP but they were removed and blocked and I don't know why.

Below are the listings with the LM.

Orange house #4
1024m  205prims

175L/week

Green house #3
1024m 207prims

175L/week

Pink House #2
1024m  201prims

175L/week

Yellow House #1
1024m 200prims
175L/week

asking the question without adding the prices and locations would be more relevant, now it includes advertising.

Can someone tell me what this means and how to correct it so I can list again?

This
This action is not allowed. Product has been blocked.

Manage listings

Total items: 3
View: All | Listed | Unlisted
Items per page:10 25 50 100
Inventory:
Date Listing Name Maturity On Hand Price Permissions X= Active
03/27/2023 Mayaguana The Bahamas Beaches Yellow Beach House #1 with 1024m 201prims for Rent Moderate 1 100    
Actions  
03/27/2023 Mayaguana The Bahamas Beaches Pink Beach House #2 with 1024m 207prims for Rent Moderate 1 175     Removed under our Marketplace Listing Guidelines for Disallowed Listing Practices-Inflated Listing Price.
Actions  
03/27/2023 Mayaguana The Bahamas Beaches Green Beach House #3 with 1024m 207prims for Rent Moderate 1 175     Removed under our Marketplace Listing Guidelines for Disallowed Listing Practices-Inflated Listing Price.
Actions  

You will have to contact Linden Lab about re-listing a product that they have blocked. Do this via a Support Case.

I also note that two of your listings were removed for "Inflated listing price". According to LL's listing guidelines, this means "inflating prices on the SL Marketplace, in comparison to other e-commerce sites". In other words, you're charging a higher price here than you are in world, or on your own web page.

I suggest that you list your parcels as FREEBIES, charging $L0 for them on the Marketplace. What you provide to the customer is the landmark to the property. They can then go there and rent it from you using whatever rental system you use in world. If you adopt this system, be sure to be VERY CLEAR in your listing that what the customer is "buying" is the location of the property and instructions for how to go there and rent it, at a rental price of $L XXX per week.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 393 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.