Regarding the marketplace 'relevance' search issue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 459 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

39 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I wrote in another thread that many people only use default search. Saying that they can change search to this or that is not good, when a few don't even know about or use the forums.

Short said, if somebody's been told Trompe Loeil have good houses, and they type in that without changing anything...

I'm sure this is true.  However, even when I'm searching another website to purchase something, I'll change my search criteria.  Unless a person has never shopped online anywhere before, they should be aware of search options and use them accordingly.   I was recently searching for a laptop.  Laptop/Highest Rating was where I started.  I didn't just use whatever their default search criteria was.   Others may search by least expensive or most expensive.  Also, using the filtering options.  17" or 15" screen.  Which graphics card, memory, etc.  We're given these options because the ONLY thing relevancy would have shown me is...17" laptops.

• Thanks 1

I haven't really paid it much attention I just try different words and options until I find what I want. One trick to avoid seeing 30 entries for different coloured listings is to refine the search to under 10L$, that way you just get to see the demo for them in the one listing.

Sometimes if I can't find something in my inventory I will look for it on marketplace often finding a name i can then use to find it. I don't really have much problem with marketplace search.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

Yeah, surprised it still hasn't been fixed.

Using AND and NOT operators does seem to mostly work though, LL should communicate this for as long as these issues persist.

This is what they show above the search box on the MP. I don't know if they added the information for these  when they started working on the MP or not.. I know the NOT option has been there before they started to work on it, so hopefully these will always be options to use from now on..

. Boolean operators like AND, OR, and NOT can help you get better search results.

. Search for multi-word phrases using quotes, such as "clothing store".

. Find partial matches using asterisks: sail* will match sailboat and sailing.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 459 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.