Issues when teleporting from latest server vsn to Main Server regions

Aishagain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 417 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have noticed reproducible issues when teleporting from RC Channel regions running 578370 back to Main Server regions runng 577734, whereby several items are "ghosted" untill a relog is done, in other words they appear to have dropped off to other observers but not to the wearer.

I thought at first this was just random but having encountered if a number of times now, it seems to be reproducible for me at least, as observed by at least three other folk.

Anyone else had comments about missing attachments? 

BTW I am assiduous in making sure that I do not have multiple attachments on right hand or anywhere else for that matter.

ETA: I'm not going to file a ticket over this until I am sure it's not just me cludging stuff in RLVa

Edited by Aishagain
i appear to be numerically dyslexic

I just tp'ed from 578370 to 577734 and back to 578370 , didn't see any issues, plus everything around me and on me loaded and is attached. Not sure how much difference it makes, but I did do a tex and inventory cache clear before logging this morning prior to the restarts. 

3 hours ago, Aishagain said:

Anyone else had comments about missing attachments? 

I've had a couple of friends ask for help where one can see things the other can't, and as they are each other's alts this didn't make sense to them. After some messing around I suggested they try without their VPN and the problem vanished. If you're using a VPN, do a re-test without it.

Side note, one other interesting thing was discovered during this, When one of the pair could see an object but the other couldn't, the one who could see it was able to right-click it and do a texture refresh which then brought it back to view for the other, who obviously wasn't able to right-click it because for them, it really wasn't there. This was the trigger factor to my idea that the VPN was somehow cutting down on packets that it knew it had already sent once to that end address and so wasn't bothering to send again in such a short time.

Ahh, no.  No VPN witchery involved here to my certain knowledge.  That phenomenon is related to some squirrelly behaviour of the viewer "interest list" which  LL really should have sorted by now.

I believe  what I have seen is related to data-transfer between regions, though the viewer interest-list may be peripherally involved.

I wait and see.

I also experience TP issues since 578370 was deployed on RC channels ... Those TP issues occurs from 578370 -> 577734, but also 577734 -> 578370 AND 578370 -> 578370 !
But, that issue is strange, not fully reproducible. And, for sure we already had such issues about a year ago.

Another thing I have noticed since 577734 and also since last Firestorm viewer (6.6.8.68380) is some parts of a linkset simply doesn't appear until you right click the object. On my side, it only occurs on small child prims ( <0.100, 0.275, 0.175> ) and I haven't experienced it with large objects/linksets.

Finally, you also have almost the same behavior when the FACE you apply a texture on is very small ( less than 0.1m edge ). The texture simply not load ... or load with a very low resolution. Not sure it's related to server release, I think it's due to Firestorm ... But, some server-side changes may cause that issue. Need more investigation to confirm that issue.

(( sorry for my bad english ))
Regards.

Amy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 417 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.