Transferring Items to Blocked Avatar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 453 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all.  Please could someone advise?  I transferred a few gacha items to a friend of mine and she'd inadvertently blocked me.  The items have gone from my inventory and obviously as I was blocked at the time she doesn't have the items in her inventory.  Does anyone know if there's a way to retrieve them?  Should they come back in to my inventory or are they now lost in the ether?  Thanks! 

1 hour ago, Emilly Jaynesford said:

Hi all.  Please could someone advise?  I transferred a few gacha items to a friend of mine and she'd inadvertently blocked me.  The items have gone from my inventory and obviously as I was blocked at the time she doesn't have the items in her inventory.  Does anyone know if there's a way to retrieve them?  Should they come back in to my inventory or are they now lost in the ether?  Thanks! 

Gachas are usually no copy. So yes, they are lost in the ether with no means of recovery. 

Sorry.

• Like 1

Did your friend check her trash?

I only ask this because someone I have blocked-the only person I do, sent me something just to be obnoxious and it was in my trash folder when I went to empty it the other day. I'd had that person blocked for a while, and I empty my trash at least once a week, so it was a recent send. I don't know if that's how it's supposed to work, but it did, and it was a no copy item, 

It's probably lost for good, but worth a check anyway. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Caeruleiae said:

Did your friend check her trash?

I only ask this because someone I have blocked-the only person I do, sent me something just to be obnoxious and it was in my trash folder when I went to empty it the other day. I'd had that person blocked for a while, and I empty my trash at least once a week, so it was a recent send. I don't know if that's how it's supposed to work, but it did, and it was a no copy item, 

It's probably lost for good, but worth a check anyway. 

Being the sendee (recipient) and not the sender makes a difference.

If it lands in Trash at all it wouldn't be in the OP's Trash.

Always check L&F and Trash for lost items. Always check Trash before dumping. Two basic rules oldbies tend to forget new(er)bies don't know because it isn't in documentation, it's in the habits you form as you learn.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker

On 3/9/2023 at 5:37 PM, Silent Mistwalker said:

Being the sendee (recipient) and not the sender makes a difference.

If it lands in Trash at all it wouldn't be in the OP's Trash.

Always check L&F and Trash for lost items. Always check Trash before dumping. Two basic rules oldbies tend to forget new(er)bies don't know because it isn't in documentation, it's in the habits you form as you learn.

Thanks so much for the replies!  After some searching my friend found the Gacha items in her trash folder!  She'd not emptied the folder for months and months so hadn't realised they'd gone there.  Thanks again :) 

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 453 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.