I am now a Plus member and can apparently have rent free land, how does that work?

VexDarkness

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 490 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Premium Plus members have 2048 sqm of tier included in the plan. The two main ways of using this are

1. purchase one or more mainland parcels that do not exceed 2048 sqm when combined

2. select a 512 or 1024 sqm Linden Home at no additional cost, then use the remaining tier to  purchase mainland

Note that in the future Premium Plus residents will be able select a 2048 Linden Home. We all waiting for that.

Note that you can increase the size of your tier used to purchase mainland by 10 percent if you use groups.

I will leave it to others to provide the best links to pages that describe the details of how to do this stuff.

Update: Oops! I forgot that there is a thing just called "Plus" so I answered as if the question was "Premium Plus", sorry. See Qie's post below. Plus does NOT come with any free land (just 512sqm tier). You must PAY for any mainland purchased.

Plus was announced in a blog entry on November 17, 2022.

plus benefits.PNG

Edited by diamond Marchant
forgot about Plus
  • Like 2

The names for subscription plans are perversely confusing. Apropos free tier, the knowledge base has this (my emphasis):

Plus members receive 512m2  included in their membership subscription. While they can't receive a Linden Home, Plus members can purchase parcels on the mainland as well as take part in Second Life Land Auctions.

A standard Premium membership includes 1024m2 of tier, which can be used for a free Linden Home or to own other land elsewhere on the mainland. 

Premium Plus members receive 2048m of land allowance included in their membership fees. Please note, every avatar is limited to one (1) Linden Home per avatar, regardless of their available land allowance.

That linked Knowledge Base article has some basic advice for how one can buy land, keeping in mind that the free tier applies only to Mainland (not private estates).

Also, there's free tier, and then there's free land. Although "starter" Mainland is pretty inexpensive (and fun), Linden Homes are free land, claimed, not purchased. The first generation Linden Homes were all 512 m² but Bellisseria (second gen Linden Homes) are mostly 1024 m² with the exception of "Campers" and some "Newbrooke" and "Sakura" models at that 512m² size. The whole process is described in that Linden Homes Knowledge Base article

[ETA: Oh, oops. Plus members apparently can't have Linden Homes, according to the very first paragraph I quoted. Huh. I guess they were worried it would cause too many folks to downgrade from Premium to Plus. Those little Campers are pretty sweet.]

Edited by Qie Niangao
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, VexDarkness said:

So do I just use the regular land manager system, and buy land up 512 m2?  Does land usually have a monthly fee?

Once you purchase 512sqm of mainland, there are no additional fees other than that required to maintain your Plus membership. This is because Plus gives you a 512 tier for no additional cost.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

Once you purchase 512sqm of mainland, there are no additional fees other than that required to maintain your Plus membership. This is because Plus gives you a 512 tier for no additional cost.

Great, thank you so much!!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 490 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.