Billing for Search/Places?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

LL seems to have stopped billing for "search/places" on group land for 30L per parcel per week.

For about 3 weeks now, there is no debit in my account for any group.

Not to tell them to stuff peas up their nose.

But it's unsettling only in that I'm afraid they will suddenly back bill it all in a bunch and suck down bunches of Lindens.

I'm not aware that they made this a feature of Premium Plus, although they should.

36 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Very interesting. I hadn't noticed, but looking back through L$ transactions, the last I was dinged for this was November 1st. (Before that, October 25th, so it was indeed weekly until then.) I'm a mere Premium member, so it's not a Premium Plus benefit.

This has been a big bill for me every month because I put 125 parcels in search; I then began to cut this in half last year because Search works so poorly on the regular viewer, and even while most people use Firestorm and the search is better there, it seemed to be less justified than it once was.

Then I noticed not only on my Premium Plus account, but other accounts, the groups were not billed for their portions of search ads. The accounting does not even appear on the group page for accounts.

I'd be happy for this to go away forever; but if it is coming back, I hope it won't be retroactive, picking up the missed weeks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

This has been a big bill for me every month because I put 125 parcels in search; I then began to cut this in half last year because Search works so poorly on the regular viewer, and even while most people use Firestorm and the search is better there, it seemed to be less justified than it once was.

Then I noticed not only on my Premium Plus account, but other accounts, the groups were not billed for their portions of search ads. The accounting does not even appear on the group page for accounts.

I'd be happy for this to go away forever; but if it is coming back, I hope it won't be retroactive, picking up the missed weeks.

There was a post or two, which I can't find of course, over the last couple.of months that mentioned this same thing.  Wish I could find them although I don't recall there being a definitive answer to why it was happening.

• 4 weeks later...

As expected, the Lindens did circle back and bill for this yesterday (Tuesday) and as anticipated, it was definitely for more than one week. I believe in fact it was for a month but it's hard to tell without sitting endlessly with a bunch of accounts and search/places ads. So that was annoying but it's like the KittyCats sick and under the blanket in fact eat up more food, or seem to, as they eat up the food for when they were under the blanket for a week.

So instead of being able to shake down alts for their lunch money, they were all thrown into the negative. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.