HI LINDENS, MOLES, EXPERTS = WHEN TAKING SNAPSHOT THE SAVE DESTINATION ON MY COMPUTER IS COMING UP IN LOCAL CHAT - WHY?

Pixels Sideways

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hola!

This is new and annoying and disturbing.

I'm using FS viewer Firestorm version 6.5.6.66221 (6.5.6.66221) on a Macbook Air.  I realize this is not the SL viewer but as they have a lot of the same basic features, thought someone would have the answer to this

I don't how this started yesterday but now when I take a snapshot and save to disk, it chats in local the save location on my computer which is so not okay as it reveals personal info like this:

[11:50] Snapshot saved: /Users/MY PERSONAL COMPUTER DRIVE NAME/Desktop/photo_019.png
[11:50] Snapshot saved: /Users/MY PERSONAL COMPUTER DRIVE NAME/Desktop/photo_020.png

How did this happen and how do I turn this off?

Thank you.

pixels xo

Edited by Pixels Sideways
added additional info

I believe that it is a Preference setting.  The default SL viewer does not have that as a visible option, nor does it do that.  The Kokua viewer has a checkbox on the Preferences -> Notifications tab to "Log filename of save snapshot in chat history". 

I don't have the FS viewer to check where it might be in that viewer, but I'd start with looking through Preferences or maybe ask in the FS inworld group or wait for a FS user to answer here (it seems the majority of active forum users are FS users).

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.