Firestorm won't run, Graphics Driver Update message (yes they are updated :D )

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 506 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone.

Pretty much what the title says. I have never had this issue before and have run SL on many many pcs. 

This is my current desktop.

Today, after a week away, I got home, attempted to fire up firestorm and repeatedly keep getting thCapture.JPG.fef5bade25052ce2877fef0158638758.JPGis message

image.png.00c9fa96e95bbdcb246cb86cbe8cf366.png

I have updated my drivers several times, and reinstalled them. Plus, it worked a week ago so I have no clue whats happening. I redownloaded Firestorm but I also get the same message when I try to launch the official sl viewer too. 

Any advice gratefully received. 

10 minutes ago, arton Rotaru said:

Thank you Arton. I gave that a go earlier and I couldn't work out where to add this step.

• In the dropdown below the program, choose High Performance NVIDIA processor

I can see the drop down menu, and I went through the options I could see but it didn't give that as an option. It is probably me being daft :)

image.png.f70dace4a30a6bb3c9b565e9fe105cbf.png

Also, confirmation of whether Firestorm is actually even seeing your GPU will be shown if you look at the viewer's page found under Help -> About Firestorm (top bar menus of Firestorm Viewer).

A load of other interesting information will also be found there. Although probably not directly relevant in this case, it wouldn't hurt at all if you copy/paste all of that page into a post here. I'm assuming that you can at least successfully open and display the login page!

Edited by Odaks

15 hours ago, Candide LeMay said:

I've seen such errors before when switching video cards. Try to delete your viewer settings completely (make a copy first etc just in case) and restart the viewer.

For FS it's typically stored in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Firestorm_x64\

Ok I have opened the user settings folder and am deleting the settings XML doc, I hope that's the right one. *crosses fingers*

Edited by Kasha Redstar

17 hours ago, arton Rotaru said:

On that control panel screenshot, further down in that list should be OpenGL rendering GPU. What is select there?

Yeah, I'm sorry. I'm running out of ideas, too.

I am checking that now just in case

53 minutes ago, Odaks said:

Also, confirmation of whether Firestorm is actually even seeing your GPU will be shown if you look at the viewer's page found under Help -> About Firestorm (top bar menus of Firestorm Viewer).

A load of other interesting information will also be found there. Although probably not directly relevant in this case, it wouldn't hurt at all if you copy/paste all of that page into a post here. I'm assuming that you can at least successfully open and display the login page!

Sadly, I cant even get the viewer to load to an open page before it crashes with the graphics message. It is so weird, it worked great a week ago. 

1 hour ago, Kasha Redstar said:

I cant even get the viewer to load to an open page before it crashes with the graphics message.

Then my hopes remain pinned on those with far more knowledge than mine. This is clearly something quite obscure. I hope somebody can put their finger on this!  

16 minutes ago, Odaks said:

Then my hopes remain pinned on those with far more knowledge than mine. This is clearly something quite obscure. I hope somebody can put their finger on this!  

Thank you for your help tho, it is appreciated. I have to say, in my 16 years in sl this is the very first time i have ever had this and I genuinely have no clue. 

Silly question but have you tried or is there an option if you right click the Firestorm desktop icon and choose Run with Nvidia graphics?   I had to do this with my first laptop I used for SL years ago.  Otherwise, it would default to the intel graphics.

4 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Silly question but have you tried or is there an option if you right click the Firestorm desktop icon and choose Run with Nvidia graphics?   I had to do this with my first laptop I used for SL years ago.  Otherwise, it would default to the intel graphics.

That is not silly at all Rowan THANK YOU. I actually have found a similar but odd workaround for now. By right clicking on the firestorm shortcut and selecting, test compatability, it gives me an option to test and that launches it! On extremely low settings but I got in. So, I will also look into what you suggested as it might well help.

Thank you everyone and Happy New Year to you all x

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 506 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.