Ok... What I did, now?

Willow Danube

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4723 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I noticed yesterday that I can't give any kudos to anyone but when I'm not signed in, I can see it just fine... taunting me from a safe distance. Is this a new regulation that I don't know of?

Wait... am I being punished for being the village's idiot?? :matte-motes-nerdy:

I was just able to repeat the bug. I saw a kudo button available in the scripting forum. I logged in and it disappeared. Here's a screen shot of the kudo button as it appeared before logging in:

kudo bug.png

Below is a screen shot after logging, in which the kudo option has disappeared:

kudo bug002.png

Okay, so we are talking about the inability to give kudos in the Forums.  Maybe it's because I usually log in when I come to the Blogs, then I check Answers, and finally take a look at the Forums.  I'm always logged in by the time I get here so I've never seen the kudos button available. 

I still don't believe kudos can be given to posts, or posters in the forums.......and I believe that is not a bug.  It's by design..........I think it's a good thing.

Lithium functionality amazes me sometimes... I didn't know the system is capable of setting up security and preference settings by judging at the pattern of certain posters on their style of answering, personality and lewdity ....  Fair enough.. :))

Now back to being the village idiot... (to think people will learn...   :matte-motes-big-grin-evil:)

This looks to me like another feature of the forum software that are different depending on whether you are logged in or not. There are a few (like the time for posts being displayed as absolute time whey you are not logged in, but as relative time when you are logged in).

Why kudos are available or visible for anybody not logged in is a mystery to me. 

Oh, and kudos were available in most forums a while back, but then they were turned off for most forums. Finally they were enabled in the content creation forum a couple of weeks ago.

- Luc -

Willow Danube wrote:

Now back to being the village idiot...

OK, Just to confirm that I am without doubt THE village's idiot ...

I had my Kudo button disabled from my preference settings. I fixed that and now I can see the kudo buttons again. 

@Randall: Even when I'm using my peanut brain, I always thought you are one really smart cookie... but ...I think you need to go check your Kudo preference settings.  

@Lithium: My apology for my snarky comments

Willow Danube wrote:

I had my Kudo button disabled from my preference settings. I fixed that and now I can see the kudo buttons again. 

Yes, that was the problem. I unchecked the box and it now operates as expected. My brain's buffer limit must have been exceeded, causing a stack heap collision error. A script reset should put me back in the default state.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4723 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.