Is anyone using desktop authy for their MFA?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm thinking seriously about setting up MFA on my account. I'm looking at authy as an option because it looks like it I wouldn't have to use my phone: there's a desktop app option.

Nothing wrong with google, but it's mobile dependent. I don't like the thought of possibly losing my phone and not being able to get into my account.

Is anyone using authy desktop authenticator? Does it work flawlessly with SL? Any issues?

Thank you for any help.

• 2 weeks later...

KeepassXC all the way.

1 hour ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

I use BitWarden, which works on desktop and mobile, has browser extensions, doesn't require an online connection, and it's free/open-source.

The only serious recommendation I would give is: Don't use LastPass. They've had four security breaches this year alone.

You forget to mention that OTP/MFA on Bitwarden costs money.

Edited by PekeNL

32 minutes ago, PekeNL said:

You forget to mention that OTP/MFA on Bitwarden costs money.

If you have an MFA token (for a service that generates your keys, such as Linden Lab's login system), you can store that in Bitwarden for free.

If you want to use Bitwarden's service to generate those keys, that does require premium, but that wouldn't work for logging into SL.

Edit: You're right actually, it didn't work the way I thought. You would need the subscription to generate keys locally.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

13 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

If you have an MFA token (for a service that generates your keys, such as Linden Lab's login system), you can store that in Bitwarden for free.

If you want to use Bitwarden's service to generate those keys, that does require premium, but that wouldn't work for logging into SL.

Edit: You're right actually, it didn't work the way I thought. You would need the subscription to generate keys locally.

Yeah. I used it for a while but the limited options without paying made me switch to actual localized password/MFA storage.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.