Lovely FURNISHED/LANDSCAPED roadside parcel in a nice neighborhood. 1024 m2

Mercedes Avon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 518 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

How come people don't put the prices on land when they are selling it? Frustrating that you have to TP there to find out what it costs. Sure, before I bought it I would TP to see it but it would be nice to know if it was anywhere near my price range first.

• Like 1

Personally as a seller, the idea is to make people teleport and look.  That way of course they see the price but they get to see the location first hand not from a picture, which does not tell the full picture.  It's nice to see the surroundings and get  feel for the place.  Also you may have a set budget in your mind but then you fall in love with a property and need to stretch the budget to buy it, some people may do that.  If the price was on the advert, it could easily be dismissed.   Hope what I am saying makes sense from a sellers point of view.

• Like 1

Exactly what Amnesia just said. Plus it is easy to click on the URL and see the price on the map without actually teleporting there if doing that is too much effort. I also drop prices if land does not sell quickly enough and this way I don't have to keep coming here to reflect that.

And also . . .  SOLD!

Edited by Mercedes Avon
  • Like 1

On 11/28/2022 at 10:12 PM, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

How come people don't put the prices on land when they are selling it? Frustrating that you have to TP there to find out what it costs. Sure, before I bought it I would TP to see it but it would be nice to know if it was anywhere near my price range first.

I agree with this and I ignore ads once I see that the seller wants to force me to log on and go to the parcel just to get basic info. There is plenty of great Mainland for sale (I should know, I buy enough of it), so I just buy elsewhere. It's not a matter of "too much effort" (a veiled insult, really), it's a matter of whether the seller respects the potential buyers' time. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Chill out people. Geez. I am not attempting veiled insults. If you don't like that I didn't post the price, then move on to the next thread that does. It took more time to come in here and whine about it then it took to click on the URL to see the price on the map (and location etc). I have bought and sold mainland off and on for years, and price means nothing if the location is *****. 

Edited by Mercedes Avon
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Mercedes Avon said:

Chill out people. Geez. I am not attempting veiled insults. If you don't like that I didn't post the price, then move on to the next thread that does. It took more time to come in here and whine about it then it took to click on the URL to see the price on the map (and location etc). I have bought and sold mainland off and on for years, and price means nothing if the location is *****. 

Quoted for posterity. :) 

1 hour ago, Mercedes Avon said:

Chill out? LOL. No one was insulting you in the least. All I was saying that if the price is 20k and I have 10k I am not going to be interested and it's a waste of time to have to go look. I did not know you could see the price by clicking the URL so thanks for pointing that out.  Thank you for your kindness and your willingness to be open to suggestions. :)

3 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Chill out? LOL. No one was insulting you in the least. All I was saying that if the price is 20k and I have 10k I am not going to be interested and it's a waste of time to have to go look. I did not know you could see the price by clicking the URL so thanks for pointing that out.  Thank you for your kindness and your willingness to be open to suggestions. :)

I didn’t have issue with you comment or question at all. It irritated me when the answer for why was given there was an inference that I was forcing people to waste time or lobbying veiled insults. Thus, I get the impression no one really wanted to know the reason why but rather wanted to complain. 

I’m not in the business of selling land. Maybe about every year or two I move or tier down. I sold that parcel to tier down and sold it at a loss, so I’m not really too concerned about my nonexistent land selling business that nets me a loss. 

I’m not sure I’ve ever not put a price in a listing before. I wasn’t completely sure I wanted to sell this parcel so I wasn’t in a rush. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 518 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.