FFXIV styled avatar tips

PekeNL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 542 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

To preface, I'm a huge FFXIV fan.

So, I'm on a quest to see if it's possible to create a avatar in the style of XIV's realistic-anime vibe that it gives off. There's no shortage of different head styles on the markets, with a plethora of skins to boot so it's a case of unable to see the trees due to the forest (is this even a English saying, idk).

I'm trying to make my Viera male in our wonderful 3D world, so I'm looking for mesh head and skin suggestions/tips to get this going. Thanks in advance! 😄

cEHtZaJ.jpg

Hello, I'm a big fan of ffxiv too!
i'm not sure if what i'm gonna suggest will help, but i'll suggest trying Gaia head from lelutka it's on sale right now 50% off

I know you want to create a male avatar but maybe you can create a male version of it, it's just a maybe not sure if it's possible tho,
so better try demo first, i also don't know if female heads fits on male bodies so better try a demo for that as well!

as for the bunny ears i think Visual Magick have it, they designed it exactly like the viera ears, they're retired but the store is still there in world , sorry i don't have the LM for it!

LeLutka Gaia  Head

Female heads won't naturally fit on male bodies and vice versa. For unisex heads, they often come with both a male and a female neck. Gaia is just female, unfortunately. To get it to work on a male avatar, the easiest route would be using Maitreya + Lara Flat or V-Tech for the chest. But then, you're struggling to find clothing made for those mods, which is a whole other issue. Lelutka River is their only unisex head, so that might be worth a shot to see if you can shape it to your liking. Grab a demo of that one and play with some skins. Try Gloom's skins (and eyes) out on it, perhaps.

One other possibility would be trying the Marionette head from BeSpoke. It comes with both a male neck fit and a female neck fit and their heads can usually be shaped fairly nicely. It's also Evo X compatible, so it will use BOM Evo X skins, makeup, tattoos, etc. Other heads they sell may work, too. Many of them are unisex. Might be worth trying the Salem Werewolf (non transformed), too.

BeSpoke is currently 25% off the entire store (with special sales up to 75% off at the landing point) until December 2.

• Like 2

Utilizator makes very well supported, modifiable, specifically anime-appropriate heads.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/UTILIZATOR-M4-Mars-Head/15400618
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/UTILIZATOR-M4-Venus-Head/16696802

I would probably use one of these for an FFXIV-styled avatar, since they share a very similar shape. (Savage raider here!)

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Utilizator makes very well supported, modifiable, specifically anime-appropriate heads.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/UTILIZATOR-M4-Mars-Head/15400618
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/UTILIZATOR-M4-Venus-Head/16696802

I would probably use one of these for an FFXIV-styled avatar. (Savage raider here!)

I thought about suggesting those, too, Wulfie, but I had no idea if/how they work with male bodies like Jake/CZ/Legacy. I've never tried to use one of them before, despite thinking about it once or twice. Some of their heads are so cute!

Cool if they do!

9 hours ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

Hello, I'm a big fan of ffxiv too!
i'm not sure if what i'm gonna suggest will help, but i'll suggest trying Gaia head from lelutka it's on sale right now 50% off

I know you want to create a male avatar but maybe you can create a male version of it, it's just a maybe not sure if it's possible tho,
so better try demo first, i also don't know if female heads fits on male bodies so better try a demo for that as well!

as for the bunny ears i think Visual Magick have it, they designed it exactly like the viera ears, they're retired but the store is still there in world , sorry i don't have the LM for it!

LeLutka Gaia  Head

On 11/27/2022 at 4:16 AM, PekeNL said:

To preface, I'm a huge FFXIV fan.

So, I'm on a quest to see if it's possible to create a avatar in the style of XIV's realistic-anime vibe that it gives off. There's no shortage of different head styles on the markets, with a plethora of skins to boot so it's a case of unable to see the trees due to the forest (is this even a English saying, idk).

I'm trying to make my Viera male in our wonderful 3D world, so I'm looking for mesh head and skin suggestions/tips to get this going. Thanks in advance! 😄

cEHtZaJ.jpg

The CZ Slim body has a female neck version (it’s also currently L$2k) and I found it fits most male and even female legacy clothing almost seamlessly. You could try the Gaia head with the CZ body since it already has that slender anime look. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 542 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.