How to remove a trademark

CHICHI Adamski

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 545 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I got picked up a group gift from a store and later as I tried the clothes a trade mark " Di tm " was attached to my avatar  I've tried several times to Underform avatar and Rebake and it doesnt work.  I have had my avatar for 14 years and never experienced anything like this.  I sent a message to the owner of the store and of course , no response  please help

6 answers to this question

Check your Worn items, either in your inventory or in the Appearance menu. Look for tattoos, etc. that could be the trademark. Right click and choose Remove from Current Outfit or Detach or Take Off.

Also check to see if perhaps you're wearing a skin that was part of the demo. If so, find another skin in your inventory, right click that and choose Wear to replace the current skin.

If neither of those seems to help, try putting on one of the starter avatars from your inventory. Find them in Inventory\Library\Clothing\Initial Outfits. Just drag one of the avatar folders and drop it on yourself, or right click it and choose Replace Outfit.

If that is successful, then put on your regular avatar, one item at a time.

1 hour ago, CHICHI Adamski said:

It seems that it's embedded in my avatar account. This sucks

I'm sure that it does! I'm not aware of anything that could be "embedded in your avatar account" that would do this, though. It almost has to be something that you are wearing. Some further thoughts...

• Do you have RLV enabled? If so, disable it, log off, and log on again.
  • Remove everything that is removable. Attachments, clothing layers, tattoos, HUDs, hair, etc. You want to be left with only shape, skin, hair base and system eyes.
  • Enable transparent texture viewing with CTRL+ALT+T. Also, check to make sure that "select only my objects" is NOT selected. Then drag-select in a space around where you see the trademark. This is to rule out the possibility that there is some un-attached object that is "following" you. Teleporting to another region should also leave any such followers behind.
  • If it's still there, try changing your shape, skin, hair base and system eyes for different ones, one at a time.
  • If it's still there, try logging off and logging on with a different viewer. If this solves the problem, do a clean install of your normal viewer.
Edited by Lindal Kidd

2 hours ago, CHICHI Adamski said:

Thanks Lindal for responding  I have tried everything you suggested and nothing works  It seems that it's embedded in my avatar account. This sucks

If changing to a NEW AVATAR and logging in with a different viewer doesn't work then there is likely nothing YOU can do. A support ticket is called for.  you might also try clearing your cache. Not something to do often but now and then .....  I don't remember seeing that mentioned. 

You could also make a new avatar, go get the same gift and see if that is REALLY where the problem came from . 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 545 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.