help me

lilly453

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4702 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

You could look over the World Map by following the link at the top of this page or by using the Inworld map when logged in.

Take a look at the Market Place found by following the Shopping link at the top of this page. Seeing some of the products for sale can help to understand how things are connected.

Many Residents start with editing their Avatar's appearance and adding some information to their Profile. Use discretion.

I joined SL because I like to create building and other structures.

You could use Search Inworld to look for Second Life Groups that might have activities which interest you.

Second Life has Residents from all around the world, many personality types, some good some bad.

Take your time discovering SL.

A great way of learning to *play* SL is to make friends and learn from them, visit newcomer friendly locations ( search this in the box on your interface), and take the time to watch the tutorial http://vodpod.com/watch/10210439-double-click-to-teleport-and-auto-pilot-second-life-viewer-2-6-tutorial?u=secondlifeshowcase&c=secondlife so u actually understand the basics rather than the masses of newbie players that launch themselves into the middle of a location an bellow *HOW DO I GET NAKED*. Also take time to become familiar with your interface and the functions of each tab /option/ icon. A word of reassurance..I doubt there's one single user of SL that logged in for the first time an understood how to play..Its complex sometimes frustrating and difficult to grasp what seems like the simplest of tasks at first..But persevere and have patience!! Its worth it :)

Check the events section in search there are all kinds of things from mixers to classes

When new I took many of the free classes offered - especially building.  Even though I wasn't going to build a house or anything the same principles allow me to fit my clothing, adjust hair and jewelry to fit...plus I met lots of nice people.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4702 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.