Eddie Czavicevic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 591 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm using Firestorm 6.5.6 with NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 and have an ongoing issue with Avatar "freeze" (I suppose you could call it 'lag') when I'm on a device (anything with pose menus).  Often, when I change poses, either my, or a partner's avatar "freezes" in the air or in some contorted position.  Sometimes it pops back to where it's supposed to be after a minute; sometimes resynching fixes it; sometimes I just have to change poses. Any thoughts or suggestions? 

In some cases it really could be lag in the transmission of the animation data or the execution of scripts (and if it comes to it, we could check statistics—Ctrl-Shift-1—to determine if either of those could be the problem here) but the "after a minute" suggests to me that there are conflicting animation playing at higher priority than those the device is using, and the device's anims only appear after those conflicting animations are replaced by something with lesser priority. This could happen if an animation overrider is in use, either native to the viewer or scripted.

If you're confident that all the animation overriders are turned off and that it's neither script nor network lag, then I'd wonder whether this is a new problem or one that's been going on all along. Also, I guess, whether the delay appears in all participants' viewers, or only yours.

4 hours ago, Eddie Czavicevic said:

Yes, my AO is off and other participants' view things correctly. 

It is not just your AO, but your partner's AO that must be turned off.  Some AO's have higher priority and override the furniture poses.  Both of you should have your AO's off, and usually after both standing and sitting again, the poses work. There are some older poses that also are slow to act despite a lag free region.  If your partner is stuck up in the air, you should also try to Reset their Skeleton and Animation by right clicking their avatar and looking for Reset. Last resort is to both relog.

The newest AV Sitter2 Bento poses seem to show this affect more often.  Usually these are fully loaded beds and couches with 800 poses etc.  AVSitter2 should also be added to the region Experiences.  Network dropouts could also cause a pose to lose it's position as sent to you - not related to your network speed.  And some furniture is more affected than others.  These pose hiccups are usually not repeatable, especially it it is network related.  Animators would rather work on solving more predictable problems.

Edited by Jaylinbridges

Generally speaking, since the sit-system is probably AvSitter, the reason for the "weird exorcist levitation" is due to the script stopping all animations on your avatar in preparation to start the next one. The avatar goes into a bit of an indeterminate state when no animation is affecting its body.

When there's script lag, bugs, or network lag, the new animation might not get played immediately or at all, so switching between poses is the best fix.

There's also an ancient bug related to UUIDs and playing animations, but that wouldn't be fixable by syncing animations or swapping back/forth.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 591 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.