Question about 'new' roads.

Zidaya Zenovka

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 589 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Forgive me if this has been brought up before but I was driving along Rt. 2 and noticed that in some areas the old stone road had been replaced by a newer one. While I appreciate the effort that went into replacing the old roadway I can't help wishing all that had been done was the old road updated with a better version of the old texture. The old stone, dirt, & grass look fit in a lot better with the surrounding environment and gave it a lot of charm. These new roads while pretty stick out like a sore thumb. Plus there are a few areas where either the ground is sticking through and/or there's unnecessary roadway to the side of it. The new road looks more like something from a Disney theme-park and the lights being right in the middle of the road make it difficult for either multiple vehicles to travel side-by-side or for larger vehicles to navigate it without slamming into one every few meters. Edit: As you can see from the second picture the old road fits the environment a lot better plus it's not even that bad looking even today. All the moles would need to do is recreate the old texture so it looks a bit better. 

Snapshot_025.png

Snapshot_024.png

Edited by Zidaya Zenovka

• Moles

Ummm... I think you may be mistaken about the newness of those roads. I don't believe the road there has been replaced. They were done by Bloomin Mole, so they would date back to... *checks his memory* 2008 maybe? 2009? As far as the terrain goes when parcel nearby are drastically terraformed it can cause the terrain nearby to roughen like that. I was able to gently smooth those spots poking through the road a bit though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 589 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.