Is there a way I can see available Linden Home styles without giving up my current home?

Nekomimis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 622 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just what the title says. I'm wanting a victorian house preferably, but right now I've settled on a cute little traditional home. I've used three or four of my retries, and none of them got me a spot I really liked, and no Victorian homes were available last night when I tried. I just want to know if there is a way to see the available home styles without giving up my current one first.

Thank you for your help :)

1 hour ago, diamond Marchant said:

Game of Homes rewards commitment and patience. If you desire a Victorian, commit to that. Leave your browser up and refresh. Have patience. When a Vickie pops up, grab it. It may take days but you will eventually prevail.

We are allowed six home claims per month, right? And is that per subscription month, like from date of renewal, or is that month by the first day of the actual month? Sorry for all the questions, and if you don't know I'll try to look it up somewhere. Thank you for all of your guidance, it really helps!

2 minutes ago, Nekomimis said:

We are allowed six home claims per month, right? And is that per subscription month, like from date of renewal, or is that month by the first day of the actual month? Sorry for all the questions, and if you don't know I'll try to look it up somewhere. Thank you for all of your guidance, it really helps!

Nope, you will be happy to hear that you can claim and abandon five Linden homes in a 24 hour period.  When I am on the hunt, I use my expanded Teleport History to keep track of where I have looked and when.

1735458789_TPHistory.thumb.jpg.f53c3cc9b332f5a6334b03ed84a316e5.jpg

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Nope, you will be happy to hear that you can claim and abandon five Linden homes in a 24 hour period.  When I am on the hunt, I use my expanded Teleport History to keep track of where I have looked and when.

1735458789_TPHistory.thumb.jpg.f53c3cc9b332f5a6334b03ed84a316e5.jpg

Oh thank GOODNESS! I got frustrated because the other night, I gave up a home to claim a new one, hopefully in a different spot, and it wound up giving me the exact same home, so this is a major relief. Thank  you so much for all of your help!!

• Like 2

A good way to think about the 5 claims is to associate a 24-hour timer with each claim. Once you use it, you must wait 24-hours to use that claim again.

When going for a theme that only occasionally pops up, such as a Vickie, it is inevitable that you will reacquire the home you have previously abandonned. A strategy to avoid this is to wait and observe. You will see it disappear and reappear as others acquire/abandon. Eventually it will go away for good (pick your time period to wait) and chances are the next Vickie will be new to you.

• Like 2

On 8/31/2022 at 12:34 PM, Nekomimis said:

Just what the title says. I'm wanting a victorian house preferably, but right now I've settled on a cute little traditional home. I've used three or four of my retries, and none of them got me a spot I really liked, and no Victorian homes were available last night when I tried. I just want to know if there is a way to see the available home styles without giving up my current one first.

Thank you for your help :)

You can easily check which themes are currently available on the Land page by logging in with a Basic or Premium account that does *not* currently have a Linden home, using *this* url: https://land.secondlife.com/en-US/lindenhomes/land-selection.php

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

While you're waiting, you can walk or fly around the areas you'd like to be in. If you see a house that's empty, go roll for it. When the next set of Newbrooks & Houseboats are released there will likely be some people abandoning Victorians for them too.

Edit: nevermind this, I see that you meant roll for as in just clicking the availability on the website and doing that. Sorry for the notification!

Ohhh, how do I roll for a house that I like? I managed to snag a cute Victorian yesterday but I'd love to look around and see if there is a location I'd like more.

Edited by Nekomimis
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Nekomimis said:

Edit: nevermind this, I see that you meant roll for as in just clicking the availability on the website and doing that. Sorry for the notification!

Ohhh, how do I roll for a house that I like? I managed to snag a cute Victorian yesterday but I'd love to look around and see if there is a location I'd like more.

Unless you have a Premium Plus account, you can't choose a particular *location*, only a particular theme (and then once you've secured a parcel in your preferred theme, you can then choose among the 4+ styles within it).

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 622 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.