Sign in to follow this  

"login failed. the inventory system is currently unavailable" ( ?)

Is anyone else having this problem ?

when i first got this login failure message i assumed that it applied to everyone but i see a good 15 of my friends online still.

the rest of the web is working for me so no connection probs my side.

Yes.

I was making an outfit in Edit Appearance and all of the sudden, I crashed and it gave me the same message.  Now, I'm unable to log in.

Perhaps they're doing maintenance to inventory servers?  Not sure, but an official answer would be most appreciated ASAP.

[uPDATED] Inventory server maintenance Thursday June 16th, 2011, 5AM

Posted by Status Desk on June 16th, 2011 at 05:00 am PDT

[updated Jun 16 5:00am PST] Inventory server maintenance is starting now. Please watch this blog for further information.

[Posted Jun 14 5:45pm PST] We will be performing inventory server maintenance starting at 5:00am PDT Thursday morning. This maintenance should be completed by 7:00am. During this time, some residents will be logged off and will be temporarily unable to log in for a brief period. This maintenance may disrupt in world chat, teleporting, transactions, logins and new registrations. We ask that you please refrain from making any purchases in-world during this time and to make backup copies of any objects that you are currently building. Please check back here for updates.

hmm ... well i don't understand much the difference that server rerolls and updates imply yet.

both my parcels are on the mainserver and we are supposed to have been spared this week. 

tryiing to figure how inventory maintenance could effect some residents and not others but ho hum .... ;p

anyhow thanx for your replies and at least we know we're not alone in the boat although sure this does'nt help our dilemna much :))

anna Acanthus wrote:

tryiing to figure how inventory maintenance could effect some residents and not others but ho hum .... ;p

Avatar inventories are spread across multiple servers.  So you may have one avatar not working and an alt avatar created at a different time working just fine.

--Cinn

How long is this supposed to last? I still can not log in at 8 AM  PST..   Weird, cause I just received a group notice to my email ...

from the SL Grid Status Blog ...

Inventory & Login Issues

[uPDATED July 2nd, 2011 11:51 AM PDT] Work on the current inventory and login issues is still in progress. Please check back here for further updates.

[postED July 2nd, 2011 10:55 AM Pacific] Some residents may be unable to login at this time. In world chat, teleporting, transactions, logins and new registrations may also be disrupted. We ask that you please refrain from making any purchases in-world during this time and to make backup copies of any objects that you are currently building. This blog will be updated with new information as it becomes available.