Lelutka Evox Style Hud

Cate Foulsbane

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 480 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I get the idea that, with the style hud, I can save bits of make-up...like eyes or lipsticks...and even an entire made-up face. Wow!   But, first, I can't really understand the directions in the Lelutka manual and, second, I can't see the style hud without a massively powerful magnifying glass. Anybody out there know how to use this Style Hud? How to SEE the style hud? 

You can make the hud bigger if you go the the icon that sort of looks like a cog or a gear. click that and  in that window look down more towards the bottom where you see S,M,L.. That is small medium and large hud buttons..

When that window is open it's right under where it say's Reset and above where it says Dark.. About three rungs up from where it say's user manual.. hehehe

ETA: I hope someone comes in to show where on the hud there is to save things, because i can't remember for the life of me.. I remember there used to be slots before the evox update on my head..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

You can make the hud bigger if you go the the icon that sort of looks like a cog or a gear. click that and  in that window look down more towards the bottom where you see S,M,L.. That is small medium and large hud buttons..

When that window is open it's right under where it say's Reset and above where it says Dark.. About three rungs up from where it say's user manual.. hehehe

ETA: I hope someone comes in to show where on the hud there is to save things, because i can't remember for the life of me.. I remember there used to be slots before the evox update on my head..

It's the teardrop icon on the HUD.

• Thanks 2

lol , Right in front of me the whole time.. I don't know why I didn't notice those slots down there.. I knew they were there but just never went to use them..

I just grabbed a head and threw it in my edited folder and put on the ones that I want..

I swear, I take the scenic route in everything it seem ..lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/27/2022 at 6:25 PM, Ceka Cianci said:

Turns out, what you said helps a bunch with the main hud that controls brows, lips, etc. But I have tried and tried to figure out the STYLE hud and it's nearly impossible.   I hope this works:    https://gyazo.com/8453423cce054eeaaa00e58e412c060d

This is only slightly smaller than what I see inworld. A  magnifying glass helps very little. What am I doing wrong?!?

Edited by Cate Foulsbane
  • Like 1

On 8/27/2022 at 7:53 PM, Rowan Amore said:

It's the teardrop icon on the HUD.

Makes sense, because by the team you figured it out, you shed a lot of tears.

ETA: Unless it represents one of those prison gang "teardrop tattoos"!

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Makes sense, because by the team you figured it out, you shed a lot of tears.

Naw, I don't cry...I cuss a lot and give up for a while..or forever maybe.  I finally figured out that I can have both huds..the regular and the style..on the screen at the same time and, when I adjust light settings for regular, it affects the style, too. But changing size doesn't work on both. AND now I can't get style hud to do anything..it just sits there. Supposed to rename the thing..rez it on floor, rename, etc. Doesn't work. #$%#^#$^$%  I guess the solution for me is to forget the style hud and go back to spending countless hours fiddling with make up. Grrrr.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cate Foulsbane said:

Supposed to rename the thing..rez it on floor, rename, etc. Doesn't work. #$%#^#$^$%  I guess the solution for me is to forget the style hud and go back to spending countless hours fiddling with make up. Grrrr.

Whoa! You're supposed to rez a copy of the HUD in-world?!?

39 minutes ago, Cate Foulsbane said:

Turns out, what you said helps a bunch with the main hud that controls brows, lips, etc. But I have tried and tried to figure out the STYLE hud and it's nearly impossible.   I hope this works:    https://gyazo.com/8453423cce054eeaaa00e58e412c060d

This is only slightly smaller than what I see inworld. A  magnifying glass helps very little. What am I doing wrong?!?

14 minutes ago, Cate Foulsbane said:

Naw, I don't cry...I cuss a lot and give up for a while..or forever maybe.  I finally figured out that I can have both huds..the regular and the style..on the screen at the same time and, when I adjust light settings for regular, it affects the style, too. But changing size doesn't work on both. AND now I can't get style hud to do anything..it just sits there. Supposed to rename the thing..rez it on floor, rename, etc. Doesn't work. #$%#^#$^$%  I guess the solution for me is to forget the style hud and go back to spending countless hours fiddling with make up. Grrrr.

On the Style HUD, which you can't resize in any way, pick the slot you want to save, left click and hold until the texture changes.  The only one you can actually pick a texture to show is the full face option.    You take a picture, save to inventory then copy the UUID and paste it into the window when you left click/hold again.

9c744f7bdcc85a2061dfec1defba24c0.png

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Cate Foulsbane said:

Hi Cate. I had to play around with it and watch a YouTube video myself to figure it out since I never use the feature. Short version - you cannot resize the HUD, but it's okay - it's fairly minimalist in how it works. 

Rezzing the HUD is only necessary if you want to rename it, and you can make endless copies of it, so maybe if you want, you can make a few renamed copies for "Daytime Looks" and "Evening Looks" or something like that. Otherwise, ignore the rezzing feature and just make some backup copies to save for later in case you run out of slots.

So to get things working, let's try a test. Open your normal Lel HUD and change your HD makeup - change your lips, or change your eyeshadow, or brows, etc. Doesn't matter what look you make right now - I'm just gonna show you how to use the Style HUD in general, so just do whatever and make it noticeable so you can see it in action!

Once you have say, the eye shadow changed, hop over to your Style HUD and find the section labeled HD Eyelids. Click and HOLD (I didn't realize that until I saw it in the video!) until a little picture of the eyeshadow color pops into the slot. If you only see half the slot filled, that's just showing you that you only changed Layer 1. If you want to add a Layer 2 blend, go back into the main HUD, swap your eye shadow to Layer 2, and add a second coat of paint! Then go back to the Style HUD and click and hold that slot again to overwrite. You should now see the full eyeshadow look saved. Now change your HD eyeshadow to another bright bold color. When that's done, go back to the Style HUD and click + hold on another slot under HD Eyelids to save that one. Now, you can single click (no hold) on each slot to swap your shadows on the fly. The fun part - you don't even need the original HUD open to do that once your looks are saved, either.

This seems to be something you can do with eyebrows, eye shadows, lipsticks, lashes, eye sockets, AND the full face - if you prefer to change entire looks all at once. And if you want to wipe the entire save HUD clean and start fresh, clicking the Clear All Slots button will do that.

Here's a link to the video I watched to help you get a more visual sense of how it all works. It should start at the right section (28:13). Hope this helps!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Hi Cate. I had to play around with it and watch a YouTube video myself to figure it out since I never use the feature. Short version - you cannot resize the HUD, but it's okay - it's fairly minimalist in how it works. 

Rezzing the HUD is only necessary if you want to rename it, and you can make endless copies of it, so maybe if you want, you can make a few renamed copies for "Daytime Looks" and "Evening Looks" or something like that. Otherwise, ignore the rezzing feature and just make some backup copies to save for later in case you run out of slots.

So to get things working, let's try a test. Open your normal Lel HUD and change your HD makeup - change your lips, or change your eyeshadow, or brows, etc. Doesn't matter what look you make right now - I'm just gonna show you how to use the Style HUD in general, so just do whatever and make it noticeable so you can see it in action!

Once you have say, the eye shadow changed, hop over to your Style HUD and find the section labeled HD Eyelids. Click and HOLD (I didn't realize that until I saw it in the video!) until a little picture of the eyeshadow color pops into the slot. If you only see half the slot filled, that's just showing you that you only changed Layer 1. If you want to add a Layer 2 blend, go back into the main HUD, swap your eye shadow to Layer 2, and add a second coat of paint! Then go back to the Style HUD and click and hold that slot again to overwrite. You should now see the full eyeshadow look saved. Now change your HD eyeshadow to another bright bold color. When that's done, go back to the Style HUD and click + hold on another slot under HD Eyelids to save that one. Now, you can single click (no hold) on each slot to swap your shadows on the fly. The fun part - you don't even need the original HUD open to do that once your looks are saved, either.

This seems to be something you can do with eyebrows, eye shadows, lipsticks, lashes, eye sockets, AND the full face - if you prefer to change entire looks all at once. And if you want to wipe the entire save HUD clean and start fresh, clicking the Clear All Slots button will do that.

Here's a link to the video I watched to help you get a more visual sense of how it all works. It should start at the right section (28:13). Hope this helps!

No picture showed up when I did some lipstick.  It was just a blank square.  

• Like 2

Hmmm...mine worked okay. Are you using the main Lel HUD to apply the HD lipstick? To be fair, I didn't test anything out with 3rd party appliers (yet).

I was using a 3rd party applier which, to me, is the only reason I'd want to use the style HUD.  The full face part lets you use a picture but I didn't see a similar way to add a picture to the individual sections, ie. eyeshadow, lipstick, lashes

8 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I was using a 3rd party applier which, to me, is the only reason I'd want to use the style HUD.  The full face part lets you use a picture but I didn't see a similar way to add a picture to the individual sections, ie. eyeshadow, lipstick, lashes

Oh how weird. Honestly, I didn't even know if it would work with 3rd party. I use the main HUD for makeup on occasion when I'm too lazy to dig through my makeup folder looking for EvoX BOM.

Try it out with a few different stores? Maybe there's something wonky going on. I'll hop in-world and test it out, too.  

Edit: Found this in the Discord. It looks like the custom image option is only for the Full Face section. I'm also seeing blanks when using 3rd party lipsticks. HMMMM. I'll dig around sommore and see if that's intended or nah.

3918658aff765b51d4b25cde1858145e.jpg

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Added screenie

17 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

3 different stores for lipstick.  2 of them, I can faintly see a store logo?  No color, no nothing.

https://gyazo.com/50922507937c87f7abe0fc70707eac51

It seems like it's a creator setting. From a CSR in the Discord (I searched up posts and this is what I found): 

"The style hud is for saving HD layers so you have one place to remember them. If the creator of a layer used the 'preview' slot, it'll show up in the window when you save it in the style hud."

I can't find any other info or posts about blank swatches, but it sounds like that might be what's causing it. Maybe? 

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Added infos
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Oh how weird. Honestly, I didn't even know if it would work with 3rd party. I use the main HUD for makeup on occasion when I'm too lazy to dig through my makeup folder looking for EvoX BOM.

Try it out with a few different stores? Maybe there's something wonky going on. I'll hop in-world and test it out, too.  

Edit: Found this in the Discord. It looks like the custom image option is only for the Full Face section. I'm also seeing blanks when using 3rd party lipsticks. HMMMM. I'll dig around sommore and see if that's intended or nah.

3918658aff765b51d4b25cde1858145e.jpg

You can get the whole manual on their site if you go to theis link and scroll over the download button which is up at the top..

https://lelutkasl.com/feature-list/#

I swear, they have a user manual link that  you have to find the little link which isn't user manual, but instead features list, which takes you to another page where it's just a list of features.. you have to  then scroll over the download button  up in the far right corner and then wonder if it's a creators manual or if it's the one that they haven't mentioned until after mining for something that say's manual..

Remember the days when companies would give you the manual to slow down clogging up support? now we have to go on a side journey taking away time from the reason we were looking for the thing in the first place.

This is an example of how technology takes away rather than improves..

Sorry I haven't had my tea yet and things like this just bother me to no end..  Getting tea now! hehehehe

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

You can get the whole manual on their site if you go to theis link and scroll over the download button which is up at the top..

https://lelutkasl.com/feature-list/#

I swear, they have a user manual link that  you have to find the little link which isn't user manual, but instead features list, which takes you to another page where it's just a list of features.. you have to  then scroll over the download button  up in the far right corner and then wonder if it's a creators manual or if it's the one that they haven't mentioned until after mining for something that say's manual..

Remember the days when companies would give you the manual to slow down clogging up support? now we have to go on a side journey taking away time from the reason we were looking for the thing in the first place.

This is an example of how technology takes away rather than improves..

Sorry I haven't had my tea yet and things like this just bother me to no end..  Getting tea now! hehehehe

LOL, I hear ya. I figured out how to get to the PDF through the Discord while digging around. I was on the main site looking for the user manual and it didn't even occur to me to hover on Download (I thought that was only for the dev kit, oopsie).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

LOL, I hear ya. I figured out how to get to the PDF through the Discord while digging around. I was on the main site looking for the user manual and it didn't even occur to me to hover on Download (I thought that was only for the dev kit, oopsie).

It just really bothers me because  clicking the user manual on their hud  should just take you to a download link page to user manual if they don't want to host the thing..

With all the links they give out in the note cards to discords and flickers and features lists and paris and rio and disney land, you would think there was one to the download that the button say's it's for..  instead we have to get all Indiana Jones on this biotch and go caving..  hehehehe

Drinking tea now! hehehehe

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Cate Foulsbane said:

That's the way I read it...and tried it. Dragging it onto floor, etc. Didn't work.

One thing that might help - before rezzing, open up the Build menu, and then rez. It'll auto "catch" your rezzed HUD in the build crosshairs. The reason I say that is because of something I do *every. single. time!!!!* I rez my AO - it winds up facing away from me, which is the transparent bit without a texture. So it looks like it's not rezzed at all, when really all I had to do is walk around to the other side to see it. 😂

If none of that makes sense, let me know and I can post a screenshot of what I'm talking about.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Ah, that helps!  And now I think I understand 3rd party. I almost never use the Lel hd items, except for lashes. I use other makeup components so I guess that means 3rd party. Who is 2nd party, btw. So, maybe I can actually figure out more things. I am not a lost cause just yet. Yay me!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cate Foulsbane said:

Ah, that helps!  And now I think I understand 3rd party. I almost never use the Lel hd items, except for lashes. I use other makeup components so I guess that means 3rd party. Who is 2nd party, btw. So, maybe I can actually figure out more things. I am not a lost cause just yet. Yay me!

Yup, 3rd party will be any makeup applier other than Lel's own HUD. So say, if you're using one from Velour or Izzie's or Ives or something like that.

The issue with the blank swatches might be a problem, though. I guess the Style Hud was mostly designed to be used with Lel's own stuff? However, like Rowan said, the full face save slots do allow you to upload your own photo previews, so it might just be better to create whole looks at a time using your store-bought makeup appliers, take a snapshot for the preview, and save them as full face in there.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Cate Foulsbane said:

You'll only have 30 seconds to rename the hud, which should be enough time..

I tried to see if I could resize it when I had it dropped, but it won't let you.. I don't think we can change the size on that hud at all. just the main hud.

Yup, 3rd party will be any makeup applier other than Lel's own HUD. So say, if you're using one from Velour or Izzie's or Ives or something like that.

The issue with the blank swatches might be a problem, though. I guess the Style Hud was mostly designed to be used with Lel's own stuff? However, like Rowan said, the full face save slots do allow you to upload your own photo previews, so it might just be better to create whole looks at a time using your store-bought makeup appliers, take a snapshot for the preview, and save them as full face in there.

Regardless.of whether I can see a swatch or not, it's still easier to shuffle through my often worn colors on the style HUD than rifling through tons of lipstick appliers.  I actually hadn't updated my head to 3.1 until today so my first time using that HUD.  

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 480 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.