Trouble name is: bind shape matrix is not in standard x-forward orientation

KennyChidorie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 629 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Program version: Blender 3.0.

Hello everyone, I am concerned about the following problem with the location of the mesh object: bind shape matrix is not in standard x-forward orientation

If i ignore this error and load the mesh object into the SL world, the object itself is placed on the wrong axis coordinate.

Can you take screenshots of exactly how you export from the Blender 3.0 program and how exactly you load the rigged mesh into SL? Maybe I'm missing something. Changing the coordinates in most cases does not react at all, in other cases - the thing is too far from the avatar itself.

PS I don't use avastar.

11 hours ago, Quistess Alpha said:

Upper right of the window "export as collada" file selection:

1015399804_exportoptions.png.e4e8134e02da4b61859dd9e855b9d0df.pngThat's the most important checkbox, you might also need to fiddle with the axes under the 'main' tab in that section.

Thanks for the feedback, but I was able to deal with it yesterday. I poked all the possible buttons and as a result it turned out that my SL worked in a different style... I tested this point (Export to SL) on the beta server and it turned out that for me this check box caused problems. Maybe it's because I'm using an outdated version of the armature. Yesterday I tried many different combinations and watched what happens. In some cases, changing the axes did not help at all. I think that in some cases with a newer version, your picture will also come in handy. 

If anyone has the same problems, I hope this will be useful. I unchecked the download for SL and the object was installed where it should be. In my case, it somehow caused more problems. Also helped Blender shortcuts Ctrl A -> Location, Rotation, Scale. Inside the world of SL, the object has shrunk, so I corrected it through the edit mode and this helped to avoid problems. I reset the unnecessary rotations, scales and positions of my mesh.

The following helped me:
87e7cd5aee00a66923e57af91ca5569f.png

1 hour ago, KennyChidorie said:

Thanks for the feedback, but I was able to deal with it yesterday. I poked all the possible buttons and as a result it turned out that my SL worked in a different style... I tested this point (Export to SL) on the beta server and it turned out that for me this check box caused problems. Maybe it's because I'm using an outdated version of the armature. Yesterday I tried many different combinations and watched what happens. In some cases, changing the axes did not help at all. I think that in some cases with a newer version, your picture will also come in handy. 

If anyone has the same problems, I hope this will be useful. I unchecked the download for SL and the object was installed where it should be. In my case, it somehow caused more problems. Also helped Blender shortcuts Ctrl A -> Location, Rotation, Scale. Inside the world of SL, the object has shrunk, so I corrected it through the edit mode and this helped to avoid problems. I reset the unnecessary rotations, scales and positions of my mesh.

The following helped me:
87e7cd5aee00a66923e57af91ca5569f.png

Most likely because the skeleton was already facing the +X axis, the export for SL added a rotation that's only necessary when using the default Blender orientation, which is - Y forward

1 hour ago, OptimoMaximo said:

Most likely because the skeleton was already facing the +X axis, the export for SL added a rotation that's only necessary when using the default Blender orientation, which is - Y forward

I have loaded objects with the same skeleton before, but from other versions of the Blender program. I had no problems with it before.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 629 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.