Is the General Discussion sub-forum Forum a special breed of animal? Discuss and banter!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 788 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

13 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Except that isn't how it's going to work. The in-world communication tools, and maybe especially group chat, are really not well suited for the kinds of discussions we have here. A simple example: you can't quote in group chat. And it doesn't remain as a record people can come back to and add to: if you're not there when it happened, it might as well not happen at all.

The irony here then is that the new rules will be forcing us to use more non-LL tools, such as blogs, Twitter, and Discord. And an additional irony is that that will make even more publicly available some of the kinds of discussion we have about SL that LL would prefer people not see happening here.

Good post, Ceka. 

What I meant by in world and out is, conversation more SL related than RL related, Not actual inworld conversations..

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

[snip]

I used to be pretty helpful but over time and breaks I lost a lot of that.. I know I felt like I wanted to be right in there with them when I was in there. That just kind of got lost with each version I guess.

Honestly, I think it's a kind of irony that over time, things that they took out  that kept people talking about in world, over time has evolved to more out of world conversations entering in.. So now they had to make a rule to force more of the inworld conversations, because those are not as much part of the nature of the beast anymore.

That's kind of a rough summary of just a little bit of my opinion on it..  I doubt it's that simple really but my tea is still brewing so, might even be a mile off like usual.. I don't think too clear before tea enters  the bloodstream.

Tea, that's what I need. I just need to make some relaxing herbal tea. That should make everything better, right? 

(I can't do the caffeinated stuff.)

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Except that isn't how it's going to work. The in-world communication tools, and maybe especially group chat, are really not well suited for the kinds of discussions we have here. A simple example: you can't quote in group chat. And it doesn't remain as a record people can come back to and add to: if you're not there when it happened, it might as well not happen at all.

The irony here then is that the new rules will be forcing us to use more non-LL tools, such as blogs, Twitter, and Discord. And an additional irony is that that will make even more publicly available some of the kinds of discussion we have about SL that LL would prefer people not see happening here.

Good post, Ceka. 

I'm gonna hit this again because this is something that really bothers me and that I totally agree with too..

I mean even SL university is outside of SL when really we should have those videos embedded here  and even stickied into their forum sections they pertain to as well, rather than sending a new users to other sites.

Soon as they do a search inside the SLUniversity Channel, they are outside of the university and other videos become part of the search.. So now they are in youtube rather than SL.. Oh look Dolphins kissing a dog!!!

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 788 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.