Firestorm installer won't run ... at all.

Sorina Garrigus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I use the OS Grid of Firestorm for running my alts in and for OS Grid usage and use the official viewer for my main avatar. 
I was trying to upgrade to the latest version of Firestorm and the installer wouldn't even run. I tried downloading with both Edge and firefox with the same result. I am afraid to try a clean install if the installer isn't even running. Anyone else having this issue or know of a solution? 

PS: I also use both because both viewers are unstable for multiple log ins at the same time with the only solution of deleting the settings in the Appsdata/Roaming folder. And Firestorm at least you can back up the settings data easily 

6 answers to this question

20 hours ago, Sorina Garrigus said:

both viewers are unstable for multiple log ins at the same time

Not in my experience. I can log two accounts in at once by just opening a second instance of the same version of Firestorm, and they run fine. But of course, using different viewers works fine, too!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Sorina Garrigus said:

I use the OS Grid of Firestorm for running my alts in and for OS Grid usage and use the official viewer for my main avatar. 
I was trying to upgrade to the latest version of Firestorm and the installer wouldn't even run. I tried downloading with both Edge and firefox with the same result. I am afraid to try a clean install if the installer isn't even running. Anyone else having this issue or know of a solution? 

PS: I also use both because both viewers are unstable for multiple log ins at the same time with the only solution of deleting the settings in the Appsdata/Roaming folder. And Firestorm at least you can back up the settings data easily 

I am using the OS Grid version of FS (not the latest but the previous) and have had no issues with alts in SL or Kitely.  If the mesh uploader isn't happy (mostly complex buildings which I seldom make any longer) then I use the Linden viewer to upload.  I have had NO ISSUES so I don't think it is a FS problem per se.   Having two versions of FS running and being in both SL and OS  has had issues in the past. I suggest you just use the OS grid version and log on people as needed.   If that doesn't work then it is most likely something ELSE in your system.  

4 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

I am using the OS Grid version of FS (not the latest but the previous) and have had no issues with alts in SL or Kitely.  If the mesh uploader isn't happy (mostly complex buildings which I seldom make any longer) then I use the Linden viewer to upload.  I have had NO ISSUES so I don't think it is a FS problem per se.   Having two versions of FS running and being in both SL and OS  has had issues in the past. I suggest you just use the OS grid version and log on people as needed.   If that doesn't work then it is most likely something ELSE in your system.  

I am not sure what the problem is either but both viewers will have issues of not running. I can get it to work fine but if my alt is in proximity with my main is when it seems to go weird. The only solution other than reinstall is to delete the settings folder. 

I use to have both the SL firestorm and OS grid fire storm installed but I ran into those issues and just have the OS grid and regular LL viewer installed. 

But my post was more about the firestorm installer not even running for the latest that was released recently. You click it and the wheel spins then nothing. It is two separate issues I am having. 

I have a couple odd things going on with my computer so it might be related. I was just trying to confirm first if anyone else is having issues. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, panterapolnocy said:

If you're on Windows, then please take a look at this article. The one about antivirus whitelisting may be useful as well.

I was thinking about this as an issue and was trying to google up to see if the anti virus is causing issues. Edge for downloads started saying firestorm is not frequently downloaded and didn't trust it but there was a way to send in a report as a trusted file. People may want to do that and if enough do it edge will stop thinking it is a sus app. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.