I was wondering if someday LL could make a new version of Fitted Mesh....

grande Broome

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 660 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A big problem for cloth creators, its keeping  asking Dev Kit for some Mesh body stores.

I think a good solution for this and would be dope if have a New version of the oldest Fitted Mesh for these new bodies...

Since its a problem for some body creators  share your kits for fear of a leakage of the mesh files, and also would me much more easier  for the community of cloth creators make like just one universal Rig for all bodies!

Would like to know what everyone think about that... thx!

• Haha 1

Well first of all I rather doubt that this would ever happen since SL is a Creative Community, and people are free to make mesh bodies and sell them.

Secondly, LL has so much on their plate just keeping SL up and running,  attention is focused mostly on that,  and I doubt they would be interested in updating the standard mesh body again (they have done so once).  And they cannot dictate that it be the only body to be used.  

If you can prove you are an established and committed clothing maker;  you only have to apply for a kit to rig and you would likely get one.  

• Like 1

People are always going to want to wear different brands of bodies and there will always be creators who do not want to share a creators kit.

What about this? A solution I could see working (with limitations) is to allow the clothing shape to be edited independently of the body shape.

Here's how I think it would work

image.png.70ce01427c06fd3da64e8559b787e4d2.png

Rigged mesh would have a 'use clothing shape' checkbox. This indicates that it should use the Clothing shape instead of the normal shape.

We could then adjust the clothing shape independently of the body.

image.png.701f4f6f3fa8472258768f5dc76c2a31.png

This probably has issues, I have no idea the performance impact of the avatar essentially having two armatures, and if you have two items you want to resize independently it's not possible unless you had like a third shape....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It seems that the body creator most people gripe about regarding the dev kits is the one that everyone creates clothes for anyway so it's hard to believe that this is a real problem. I think if dev kit availability were an actual hurdle we'd see more original mesh clothing for the bodies with easily obtainable dev kits and less for the ones who were stingy about it.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 660 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.