Avination vs Secondlife Is there a Difference

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3516 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Welcome to the forum Syane.

I thought it was funny as well, simply because it's pretty accurate (he did say most).

Four plus years is quite an accomplishment, I would say you deserve a prize but apparently you've already got one. If I hit six months before things deteriorate I'm doing good.

...Dres

• 1 month later...

Jaylin Wytchwood wrote:

I tried another clone lastly, Inworldz.. a whoooooping 123 People online... whow.. great.

An still you hear from the next super-new mini network now and then, who has "That great Idea"....

As long as every developer does its own world, they are bound to fail. If all the Open Grid clones band together in 1 big alternate grid, then. maybe then they could even begin to nibble om SL`s heels in size.

Haven't found the relatively low concurrency Inworldz to be a problem - I've made more good friends there in two months than I did in SL in two years.

They don't publish the total regular users but it's estimated to be over 7000 .. so enough variety to keep me happy - you just have to keep an eye on the events calendar.

The answer I'll give to the OP is that Second Life's USP is a massive concurrency, Avination's is gambling and Inworldz' is strong community ethics, free uploads and a comparatively generous prim allowance (even renting a small parcel, it feels unlimited).

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

The only thing i could see is like 40 ppl online in the WHOLE GRID, places giving money for free for staying in the sim... (I got c$120 in less than 6 hours sitting in one place) The quality of EVERYTHING I've seen is so poor... The search window doesn't take you to the landmarks, there's only 3 places in destinations that will repeat over and over.., Oh dear... stay in Second Life. Even if one day I find a sim that it's worth it to explore, you will find it empty...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3516 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.