rezzing issue

CassandraW56

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 665 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have home given to me because I and a premium member. I have tried to rezz the few items that came with the house but get the message that the owner does not allow it but I am the owner lol. I saw another string with a similar issue but that person was trying to rezz large stuff and was told it might be encrouching on another person's land. I am trying to rezz a lamp. 

4 answers to this question

Hi Cassandra! This problem can be due to a number of causes.

1. You are in the wrong Linden Home. They all look alike, so this is easy to do. Check the owner of the land parcel by going to World > About Land. (It might be called "Parcel Details" so click that if you see it in the menu.) Check the General tab of the About Land window to see the parcel owner. If it's not you, then go to the SL website, open your Dashboard page, and click Land Manager > Linden Home. You'll see a yellow button. Click that to log into SL at the location of your Linden Home.
  2. Linden Homes are Mesh objects. As Rolig says, sometimes the system does not like you trying to rez things on a Mesh surface. Right click the floor, choose Build. Your mouse cursor becomes a magic wand. Click it on the ground again to make a plywood cube. Now, rez your lamp on the cube. Then right click it and use the colored arrows to drag the lamp to its final location.
  3. You are near a parcel border, or your camera position is over the border. Go to a spot closer to the center of your land parcel and try rezzing the lamp again.
  4. Sometimes if you get this error, it can be because your camera angle is too shallow (no, I don't know why this happens.) Try holding ALT and the left mouse button, then moving the mouse to move your point of view so you are looking more directly down on the floor, and try rezzing your lamp again.
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, CassandraW56 said:

I have home given to me because I and a premium member. I have tried to rezz the few items that came with the house but get the message that the owner does not allow it but I am the owner lol. I saw another string with a similar issue but that person was trying to rezz large stuff and was told it might be encrouching on another person's land. I am trying to rezz a lamp. 

Rezzing onto a mesh surface is often problematic and results in the message your received.  Rez a prim using the build menu and use that to rez other items on.   I usually have a prim rug down to rez on.  Or you can always rez items outside on the ground and move them inside.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CassandraW56 said:

so i now have a message from SL saying the area i am in does not allow rezzing. What was the poing of giving me furniture??????? Paid for premium just to have a place i can't do anything with and an empty house???????

You should just be able to right click the floor or ground and select Create to get a box -- and then you can flatten that to make a rug that you can use to rez things on.  If you are trying to do that and getting the message, make sure you are on YOUR land and not someone else's or the public areas.  Under the World menu that is a menu option somewhere to "show property lines".  That can help when you are outside the house.

If none of that helps, maybe take a screen shot of what you are trying to do and post it here.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Rezzing onto a mesh surface is often problematic and results in the message your received.  Rez a prim using the build menu and use that to rez other items on.   I usually have a prim rug down to rez on.  Or you can always rez items outside on the ground and move them inside.

so now i have a message from 

1 hour ago, CassandraW56 said:

so i now have a message from SL saying the area i am in does not allow rezzing. What was the poing of giving me furniture??????? Paid for premium just to have a place i can't do anything with and an empty house???????

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 665 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.