Do my system info meet the minimum requirements as i cannot enter SL since this update to 2.7.1

Lydia Alberti

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4673 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've been having no problems with second life before 2.7.0 on both the beta viewer and viewer 2. But when the update occured for the beta and viewer 2 to 2.7.0 and shadows were introduced, when i try and start second life, when "detecting hardware" it just decides to stop working and a notice pops up saying "second life has stopped working" then closes immediately without loading fully. 

So i was wondering whether my system information meets the minimum requirements:

Operating system: Win7 (64-bit)

Computer processor: 2.7GHz

Computer memory: 4GB

Graphics card: ATI Radeon HD 4530 Series

I also did a clean reinstall and the problem continues to persist.

What could be the problem, is my computer unable to handle these new features in SL such as shadows? How can i solve this problem and return to second life. I don't want to use another a viewer as my solution because im so used to viewer 2. 

Also if this problems continues, how to submit this to the support team?

Note: I have also checked for updates for my graphix card driver and it is up to date but the problem still continues to annoy me!

4 answers to this question

Hello Lydia. Not sure why you have this problem. As i see in  System Requirements page, the 4000 series of ATI included in the recommended system requirements for SL.  However this page after the new update of Viewer 2 (2.7.1) looks that it is out of date.

The easy reply and maybe solution about your problem is to download again a previous edition of Viewer 2 and set your software updates NO to be installed automatically. (Preferences --> Setup --> Hardware). You can find the previous edition 2.6.9 at the following link: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Supported_Viewers

If you want older more versions you can find them here down at the page.

If the problem remains and you are a premium member you can use the Live Chat or to submit a ticket https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/ . If you are a basic member it is not suggested to submit a ticket although you can try it.

Start this way downloading a previous edition of Viewer 2 and keep in touch here leting us know if you fixed the problem of you need more help.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4673 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.