How to get rid of blue box that pops up when I click on search bar every time???? Thank YOU! :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 593 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Exocet Kungler said:

Thank goodness!. I hate seeing this thing everytime I do a search, at least the bare minimum should be some sort of tooltips setting, to turn it off. Look forward to this fix. 

It would be useful for those with extreme short-term memory loss.  Or those that refuse to read the instructions and go on to complain about searching (having never read the tip that is there.every.time.).

23 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

It would be useful for those with extreme short-term memory loss.  Or those that refuse to read the instructions and go on to complain about searching (having never read the tip that is there.every.time.).

I guess im a bit confused by your post. But I have read it many times. Not once does it state how to disable. Just how to "Hone" your search. To add insult to injury, I am new player coming back after 14 years. So there's that too. However, if you know something I don't, I would love to learn more about how to actually rid of this special annoyance. Also in the interest of SL's future, its futile to help new and returning players, get up to speed without ridicule. That being said, I could totally be off with your post positioning. :D

Edited by Exocet Kungler
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Exocet Kungler said:

I guess im a bit confused by your post. But I have read it many times. Not once does it state how to disable. Just how to "Hone" your search. To add insult to injury, I am new player coming back after 14 years. So there's that too. However, if you know something I don't, I would love to learn more about how to actually rid of this special annoyance. Also in the interest of SL's future, its futile to help new and returning players, get up to speed without ridicule. That being said, I could totally be off with your post positioning. :D

My point was: the "How to hone your search" hint is only useful when repeated every search, if someone is extremely forgetful or ignores the hint until they need it.  This was a poor attempt at humor on my part. 

The "fix" is in the works per a recent Linden post; I assume the box will only come up once after the "fix". The Linden did not say. Here is what they posted about the "fix":

On 7/5/2022 at 1:16 PM, Grumpity Linden said:

We have a fix for this super annoying tooltip thing going out next week.  Sorry for the long wait on it. 

On 7/8/2022 at 1:23 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

My point was: the "How to hone your search" hint is only useful when repeated every search, if someone is extremely forgetful or ignores the hint until they need it.  This was a poor attempt at humor on my part. 

The "fix" is in the works per a recent Linden post; I assume the box will only come up once after the "fix". The Linden did not say. Here is what they posted about the "fix":

Then in that case, I couldn't agree more! My apologies for the confusion as well. 🤪

• 3 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 593 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.